Carnival Website Gone Wonky, or Is It Just Me?

texas greeneyes

Just went into the Carnival website to check prices on future Conquest sailings. Got prices for March cruises okay. Then wanted to check dates further away, say October of this year.

Going through Find a Cruise, even specifying the Conquest, Western Caribbean itinerary, and leaving from Galveston, I get only sailings for other ships. :confused:

Going through Funships/Conquest, I get no sailings available. :eek:

This can't be right. Is it the website acting goofy? Anybody else getting this when they search Conquest sailings?

Just went into the Carnival website to check prices on future Conquest sailings. Got prices for March cruises okay. Then wanted to check dates further away, say October of this year.

Going through Find a Cruise, even specifying the Conquest, Western Caribbean itinerary, and leaving from Galveston, I get only sailings for other ships. :confused:

This can't be right. Is it the website acting goofy? Anybody else getting this when they search Conquest sailings?

Did the same to me... Conquest could be out of commission during that time>?

Based on my TA booking engine with Carnival, the Conquest is making the following October sailings:

October 1, 2006 - Western Caribbean

October 8, 2006 - Western Caribbean

October 15, 2006 - Western Caribbean

October 22, 2006 - Western Caribbean

October 29, 2006 - Western Caribbean

There is also a Galveston - Past Guest Discount on those sailings (fare code DCQ) which is about $100 off per person.

:)

i have been trying to connect to carnival. com for 2 days and it says it is under construction. how are you getting on the site?

I'm a travel agent with Carnival, so I go to www.bookccl.com and enter my info.

I've never seen Carnival's main site (www.carnival.com) down for maintenance. That's news to me!

I searched for the cruise we are on (May 7 Conquest) to check available cabins. It came up in the search, but then when I clicked on the "details" button, I got a message saying it couldn't find the cruise meeting those criteria.

Also, when you go to through Conquest's ship page, and it lists available sailings, it lists NOTHING after April.

I clicked on a March sailing, and then scrolled down to the May sailing I wanted once I was on the page where you enter number of people, airfare or not, and booking city, and it acted normally.

Ever since I started using the Carnival site in December, there have been numerous "bugs" like this.

Where did you get the "wonky" from. I am an american by birth, parents were english. My cousin and ex-sister-in-law use wonky all the time. People look at me like I am nuts when I use this expression. Just curious.

Candi

Got it from my one of my sisters. We do have some British roots, but have never even met any of our kin from across the pond.

I must say, I hesitated to use the phrase for fear it was too obscure. Can't wait to tell sister #5 that her "wonky" was recognized here!

I searched for the cruise we are on (May 7 Conquest) to check available cabins. It came up in the search, but then when I clicked on the "details" button, I got a message saying it couldn't find the cruise meeting those criteria.

There are still TONS of cabins available on the May 7 Conquest sailing, starting at $749 pp for a category 1A up to a category 12 for $2,169 pp (add additional $36.10 pp for misc. charges).

When you go to the conquest page you will see two western caribbean. Select the second one and you will see April prices.

There are still TONS of cabins available on the May 7 Conquest sailing, starting at $749 pp for a category 1A up to a category 12 for $2,169 pp (add additional $36.10 pp for misc. charges).

Yes, I realize this, as I can get to the cabins by the alternate means I mentioned, as well as through travelocity. Although, every once in a while it comes up with no cabins available for a certain cabin. I have been checking prices/cabins everyday (I finally got my L shaped balcony yesterday!).

Anyways...I wonder if we are going to see any price drops for this sailing. At my last count, about HALF of the balcony cabins were still available. We are about 10 days from final payment. It would be nice, but I'm just happy we got the L shaped balcony!

yeah, it gets down for maintenance alot, especially when i really want to look something up... But I figured a way in tho, hehe... When you see that its down, just go to the "search" area on that page, type in anything carnival related, and it takes you IN:D

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Conquest sailings after April are back up on the website using the search feature. No changes for my sailing May 7, although it appears they are having a 2 level (with category) upgrade for oceanview and balcony cabins today.

Archived