cruise insurance past deposit

Laurab23

I booked cruises and made deposits for cruises in Oct 2022 and Jan 2023. Each a 14 day cruise. I didn't want to have to pay for travel insurance so far in advance. But I like to get insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. Are there any insurance I can purchase at final payment? And how much more expensive will they be because I didn't purchase when I paid my deposit?

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

I booked cruises and made deposits for cruises in Oct 2022 and Jan 2023. Each a 14 day cruise. I didn't want to have to pay for travel insurance so far in advance. But I like to get insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. Are there any insurance I can purchase at final payment? And how much more expensive will they be because I didn't purchase when I paid my deposit?

Laura

Hi Laura,

Yes, there are a few travel insurance plans that will cover pre-existing conditions if purchased by Final Payment.

Whio has the pre-existing condition? Is it one of the travelers, a travel companion or a non-traveling family member?

It's also possible that no one has any medical condition that would be defined as a pre-existing medical condition by a travel insurance company. I regularly talk with people who have always thought they had a pre-existing medical condition, but it turns out that this is not the case.

Steve Dasseos

19 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Laura,

Yes, there are a few travel insurance plans that will cover pre-existing conditions if purchased by Final Payment.

Whio has the pre-existing condition? Is it one of the travelers, a travel companion or a non-traveling family member?

It's also possible that no one has any medical condition that would be defined as a pre-existing medical condition by a travel insurance company. I regularly talk with people who have always thought they had a pre-existing medical condition, but it turns out that this is not the case.

Steve Dasseos

Thanks Steve. I will give you a call as I get closer to final payment and ask for your help.

5 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Thanks Steve. I will give you a call as I get closer to final payment and ask for your help.

Hi Laura,

Depending on your current ages, it might be cheaper to start a policy now by insuring a minimal trip cost and adding to coverage later because you'll be locked in at your current ages and the prices. Call us and we can tell you if it's worth considering.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:46 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Laura,

Steve Dasseos

My husband who is not traveling with us has a heart problem. He  has had numerous stents and I am always worried at the last minute he will have an issue and I would have to cancel my cruise or leave my cruise part way through.

6 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

My husband who is not traveling with us has a heart problem. He  has had numerous stents and I am always worried at the last minute he will have an issue and I would have to cancel my cruise or leave my cruise part way through.

Hi Laura,

There are a few plans that always covers pre-existing medical conditions of family members who are not travelling with you.

Steve Dasseos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 8:48 AM, Windsailer said:

So which companies will cover pre-existing conditions if purchased on the day before Final Payment is made? (rather than 14 after the Deposit is made) Thanks in advance!

Hi Windsailer,

I'm sorry about the delay answering this.

Do you intend on insuring the full prepaid per person trip cost?

If so, what are your ages? And your full prepaid per person trip cost?

If you don't want to put this personal information on a public forum, you may email it to me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve Dasseos

Edited by iamtrustworthy
typo

• 3 weeks later...