food info on NCL star ( FYI )

melika091900

:) I just wanted to pass on this info,,about NCL STAR

remember the 1st formal night is lobster night ,, and you can go to ANY resturant onboard and order the lobster,,, yes anywhere,,

we did not know this , but i called the reception desk and they told me yes, you can order it, and they will bring it,, and trust me they dont announce that, we went to the endless summer resturant on deck 8 that night ( normally tex mex food ) , and we were given their menu, and we all ordered lobster, and when it came,, people eating around us looked confused,, but yes you can do this

and dont forget ...

IN the Ginza resturant ,they have this one dessert,,the best ive ever had , its like a pancake style thing with coconut ice cream ontop,, the pancake is warm,, IT IS SO GOOD!!!! they told us we can just go there and order it ala carte for like 2$ instead of only when we dine there,, just some FYI INFO for everyone going on the star soon...

enjoy ,, its a beautiful ship

happy cruising

we did not know this , but i called the reception desk and they told me yes, you can order it, and they will bring it,, and trust me they dont announce that, we went to the endless summer resturant on deck 8 that night ( normally tex mex food ) , and we were given their menu, and we all ordered lobster, and when it came,, people eating around us looked confused,, but yes you can do this

People around here normally look confused. It has nothing to do with the lobster.

Because this is only the second cruise we have taken, is the lobster something you pay extra? Also, what is the food like on the Star. We went on a Carnival cruise to the Carribean and thought the food was atrocious! I have always heard good things about the Alaskan cruises so am hoping this will be better.

Thanks.

TXNurseInvestigator

:cool: Confused cruiser!!

Because this is only the second cruise we have taken, is the lobster something you pay extra? Also, what is the food like on the Star. We went on a Carnival cruise to the Carribean and thought the food was atrocious! I have always heard good things about the Alaskan cruises so am hoping this will be better.

Thanks.

TXNurseInvestigator

Lobster is served as a free (included in the cost of the cruise) menu item on most cruise ships, including the Star, on formal night. Formal night is usually the second night (first full day).

In 2004 I was on the Carnival Pride and in 2005 I was on the Star. I though the free food on Carnival was better than the free food on the Star. However, the Star has many extra charge restaurants where the food is much better.

Thanks.

TXNurseInvestigator

IMO the food is about the same between the two lines. I liked the food options better on CCL in the main dining rooms but enjoy the freestyle of NCL.

Hey lobster fans!

We just got back from the Star and the real hidden secret to great lobster is in Le Bistro. It's a pay restaurant, but well worth it! You pay like 20 bucks and you get this HUGE lobster dinner. WAY better than the formal night versions. I highly recommend doing this if you like lobster. Even if others in your party don't like it, the other entrees are excellent there too.

Have fun.

Annie

Thanks.

TXNurseInvestigator

the food we had on the star was great,, we ate alot at the buffet,, since we hate to time everything and make reservations,, and ill tell you it was the best buffet weve eaten at, alot of choices.. for breakfast too.. we also ate alot at blue lagoon ( 24 hours ) cheeseburgers. fish n chips, buffalo wings. it was good as well,

we tried the Ginza which was 10$-12$ per person, sushi,, it was ok,, im not a big sushi fan... but i ordered a beef dish with rice,, but not enough food in my opinion,

and one night we tried teppenyaki ( 12$ per person )

its where the cook the food in front of you , you get fried rice, veggies, and then your choice, they have filet mignon, shrimp, and some other choices, that was worth the money,,, we had to reserve it like 2 nights ahead of time,, since there is only one area for this , for 14-16 people,, so you do get to dine with strangers for that,but it was very nice.. it reminds me of benihana ( here in the states) thats the only places we ate,, except for endless summer on lobster night ,, the tail was HUGE!!!! the biggest ive gotten on any cruise...

have a great time on the star,, its a pretty ship...

:) I just wanted to pass on this info,,about NCL STAR

remember the 1st formal night is lobster night ,, and you can go to ANY resturant onboard and order the lobster,,, yes anywhere,,

People eating around us looked confused,, but yes you can do this

enjoy ,, its a beautiful ship

happy cruising

Is Tony Lockett still the food and beverage director?

We have enjoyed two cruises on the Star and the food was

remarkably good throughout. Tony ran a tight ship and made

sure everyone had wonderful meals.

Thanks.

TXNurseInvestigator

Lobster is the main attraction on..lobster night in the free dining rooms. From past crusiers experience Carnival and RCL have average to real bad food,, ncl average to way abpve average food... celbrity real good to excellent food... something ike that.. doesnt really matter where the boat is current ly cruising the same baots go from southern to alsakn cruisng each year so a carnival caribeen cruise would have the sam e sort of offering as the carnvial alskan fare. NCL would be similar consistentency..

have fun

Is Tony Lockett still the food and beverage director?

We have enjoyed two cruises on the Star and the food was

remarkably good throughout. Tony ran a tight ship and made

sure everyone had wonderful meals.

According to the card that came with one of our evening snacks, Claus Pascher is now the F & B Director. I seem to recall him as a rotund man, so it appears he knows his food :D

According to the card that came with one of our evening snacks, Claus Pascher is now the F & B Director. I seem to recall him as a rotund man, so it appears he knows his food :D

Sounds like the, "Do not trust a skinny cook" advise I have heard so often. :)

Archived