Parasail - Opinions, which island

labs4ever

Everyone has been a BIG help on this forum and we are just asking for opinions. We have a few choices of islands to parasail and we were just wondering if someone could give us the best place to do this. These are the places - George Town, Grand Cayman - Ocho Rios, Jamaica - Labadee, Hispaniola - & Cozumel, Mexico.

We are just wondering the best place for the view, since we are only going to pick 1 island to do this.

Thanks for any opinions.

Parasailing isn't all that safe & the operators don't have to be licensed, trained, insured or sober :eek: . I parasailed in Key West & loved it but I also knew I'd have recourse & access to 1st world medical care if something went wrong.

If you have to go, I'd pick Labadee b/c at least you'd be working with ship's personnel & presumably would be safer.

Have been to RCI's Coco Cay, not Labadee, but both are owned and operated by Royal Caribbean. I was impressed with how well run everything was and how well maintained everything was.

My guess is that you would be safest and most satisfied doing your parasailing on Labadee (and Coco Cay if you have the opportunity.) Coco Cay also had a first aid station, so I imagine Labadee does too. So if you should have an unfortunate incident while parasailing, help would be at hand.

Archived