Irritations

berry22192

Those who are enjoyiing the blog "Jack at Sea"* --the current voyage of the QM2 from NY around the Horn to LA--may notice that twice there have been altercations in the laundry room. In both incidents strangers either removed from or ADDED to laundry in one of the dryers.

As it happens, we had our items removed prematurely from a QM2 dryer last August. What gives?

Jack recommends sticking a sign on one's dryer that says, "THIS DRYER IS IN USE PLEASE DON'T OPEN THE DOOR! IF YOU DO...PRESS THE RESTART BUTTON. THANK YOU. [signed]"

My sign may be phrased differently: "DON'T EVEN THINK OF REMOVING MY LAUNDRY FROM THIS DRYER...I WEIGH 440 POUNDS AND AM 7 FEET TALL AND AM TAKING MEDICATION [when I remember to]."

I think I'll make up such a sign for our next voyage--of course it may be better if Cunard were to put a more refined notice/sticker on each machine--or, need I say it, provide more machines or keep the laundry rooms open longer.

* http://www.jackatsea.com/index.html

Those who are enjoyiing the blog "Jack at Sea"* --the current voyage of the QM2 from NY around the Horn to LA--may notice that twice there have been altercations in the laundry room. In both incidents strangers either removed from or ADDED to laundry in one of the dryers.

* http://www.jackatsea.com/index.html

Yes, but I just LOVED the tale of the little oriental man dressing down the big bulldog guy!

Karie

Reason why people remove washing from the dryers (and the washers)

Drying or washing cycle has finished half an hour ago and the owners of the washing are ordering another drink in the bar, or lingering over breakfast etc. The laundry has always been a flash point potential, but it is up to everyone to act in a civilised manner, as in all walks of life.

David.

I have witnessed similar scenes in the laundry room on the QE2 during my recent NYC to LA segment of the world cruise. Doing ones laundry even on the best of ships seems to be a contact sport. Possibly one should simply post a sign at the entrance to the room "Beware - Civilization ends at this point, enter at your own risk"

Doing ones laundry even on the best of ships seems to be a contact sport. Possibly one should simply post a sign at the entrance to the room "Beware - Civilization ends at this point, enter at your own risk"

'Tis observed that Cunard's own Press Release of Dec 12, 2005 touts a civilized adventure for like-minded travelers (without any

qualifying asterick making an exception for the laundry room dementors).

Cunard Line caters to sophisticated travelers who enjoy the classic ocean liner experience combined with 21st century luxuries and amenities. Aboard the famous ships, like-minded travelers will enjoy the Cunard hallmarks of impeccable White Star ServiceSM, fine dining, sumptuous surroundings and civilized adventure.

Cunard Line caters to sophisticated travelers who enjoy the classic ocean liner experience combined with 21st century luxuries and amenities. Aboard the famous ships, like-minded travelers will enjoy the Cunard hallmarks of impeccable White Star ServiceSM, fine dining, sumptuous surroundings and civilized adventure.

Yeh right, like the pax on our recent QE2 cruise who went out each morning before breakfast on to the boat deck and bagged, in the "approved" way two lounger sets, one on the sunny morning side and another on the side for the afternoon for when the sun had gone over. Thankfully the "hoggers" both on deck and inside the ship are in a minority so far on Cunard.

David.

Archived