I hope you folks are happy....

grampasgrumpy

westernmom...I can relate! Two of my three daughters have graduated and are pretty much on their own...pretty much...;) My middle daughter is still in college though. She had "middle child syndrome" real bad and "did her own thing" for a few years before finally settling down and getting serious about finishing school. Of course she and her 3 yr old daughter live with me so so they never go hungry...:) My youngest recently got a job in Atlanta but she comes home every couple of weeks because she "knows I miss her"...:rolleyes:

The ONLY time I have ever gotten totally away from them was last year when I was on my first, and so far only, cruise and my cell phone wouldn't work! I love them all, but I'd leave on another cruise tomorrow if I could....

Gramps - 3 daughters huh? I have 4 and one son - the baby girl is 23 so they should all be taking care of me! Most of them live close except the son who is north of Seattle (and still pouting about the game).

We never had a soccer player - lots of everything else though - cheerleading, dancing, basketball, softball, volleyball, etc. And now the grandsons are playing football, baseball, and wrestling!

I guess I better wake up the dh who is snoring in his recliner and head to bed too. 4:30 comes early! 'Course we're a few hours behind you guys.

I do have to teach a class tomorrow in church (guess I should look up my lesson....) and then the whole family comes for dinner - those big boys - so have to have lots of mashed spuds!

But, you can count on me to be here in between things!

It's been fun getting to know you guys.

Fabreeze huh? I've some of that! Now, gotta figure out a way to get rid of the dust....;)

SCD-

I know how you feel! Mine just left.... But, it's nice that they love to come home.

Have you ever tried the "bundle" way of packing? I have been reading about it and was wondering if I should try it. I am an ironing freak - my kids and friends make fun of me because I absolutely hate wrinkled clothes.

Esplain Lucy....... HAHA

SCD-

I know how you feel! Mine just left.... But, it's nice that they love to come home.

Have you ever tried the "bundle" way of packing? I have been reading about it and was wondering if I should try it. I am an ironing freak - my kids and friends make fun of me because I absolutely hate wrinkled clothes.

I dont personally know any hobos (well if ex DH's dont count) but I remember one halloween - I was uh, 10 = Mom said "dress crappy" and she handed me a stick with a bundle of clothes on it - NOW I GET IT!!:cool:

...tie your clothes in a bundle, tie them to a stick, and through them over your shoulder...like the hobo's used to do. You do remember the hobos don't you???...or are you too young to remember them?:confused:

Okay, now if you are done......

I seen a post about packinglight.com and checked it out. It's a way of packing your clothes - there are even some sites that have a "packet" to pack your clothes in. Anyway, I thought I might give it a try.

PS - yes, I remember what a "real" hobo was.... It was before "bag ladies"!!!

K, we r done........... :cool:

Okay, now if you are done......

I seen a post about packinglight.com and checked it out. It's a way of packing your clothes - there are even some sites that have a "packet" to pack your clothes in. Anyway, I thought I might give it a try.

PS - yes, I remember what a "real" hobo was.... It was before "bag ladies"!!!

after about three days you would sure start stinkin'...:eek: less you are in a rainy country!

I keep tellin the kids, you better get rich 'cause I'm spendin it as fast as we make it and it is THEIR responsibility to take care of me in my old age.

jumpin on a train - jumpin off when they catch ya - that would be the life..... HA

...8 or 9 years old, my ambition was to grow up and be a hobo. I thought that was soooo cool...go anywhere you wanted, whenever you wanted....but noooooooooo...I had to end up getting a real job...and never realized my dream...:p

Archived