The Daily for Tuesday Dec 8, 2020

richwmn

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@cat shepard Yay!  The Meyer lemons are in now.  I’m going to zest and juice like mad. 

EC5DE3F6-E54F-4B22-84D8-DE5731D9C355.thumb.jpeg.970e05daf5e05ec3221f956d1503bd01.jpeg

BTW, I did find a dwarf Meyer lemon tree for purchase but they won’t deliver to Arizona. Bummer. I am going to ask at my favorite nursery the next time I go. 

They look gorgeous. Good luck in your hunt for a tree. It almost was cold enough here last night to “tuck” mine in overnight.  Once it gets close to freezing I need to be careful.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bennybear said:

I think it’s built in obsolescence.  We have a self cleaning wall oven,  the high heat apparently melts the wire harness or something,  repairs to ours was over 500$!  Eek!  But a new one like it was way more! 

I agree. 
My LG stove’s touch control panel stopped working for certain burners, and my trusted repair guru said he could repair it, but LG stopped making parts for any stove older than 7 years. So I had to purchase a new one and it was NOT an LG!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dfish said:

I had to come here for some cheer.   I made the mistake of attempting to clean my oven today.   it is a self cleaning oven, so I set the controls and it started the process.   The next thing I knew, the light for lock door was blinking and I had an f9 error code and the darn thing is beeping.  I tried clearing it off and it will clear for about 10 seconds and then start beeping again.  The only way to get it to stop beeping is to cut the power to the stove.   I can use the burners, but not the oven.  According to the documentation, it is a problem with the door locking mechanism.   Like it is totally jammed.  I tried oiling it, but no effect.   Sigh.....    I will call a repair person tomorrow.  It might be cheaper to just replace the stove.

Debbie, not convenient at any time. But at the holidays during a pandemic - it’s the pits!  I am sorry. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I agree. 
My LG stove’s touch control panel stopped working for certain burners, and my trusted repair guru said he could repair it, but LG stopped making parts for any stove older than 7 years. So I had to purchase a new one and it was NOT an LG!

Hmmm.  Ours is LG too! 

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Hope yours lasts until you are ready for a change. 

Me too,  our prior kitchen aid convection wall oven worked without any issues until I decided I needed stainless steel after over twenty years.  So I too will switch brands.