All May 2021 Alaska Cruises CANCELLED

Fly and Sail

7 hours ago, Threedrones said:

We finally received our notice of cancellation for Eclipse in May, 2020. No L&S available because of the date. Won’t use FCC because it would not even cover the increased cruise fare. Wasn’t offered the cruises through end of September. Sadly, I guess it’s time to look for a different Cruise Line. 

I keep hearing similar stories on these changed or cancelled cruises. Is Celebrity oblivious to how many people are cancelling their bookings at a time when they are in deep financial straits and when cruising has a huge negative stain on it from the view of the general public which will inhibit getting new cruisers to book in the next year or two? I would think they would be desperate to keep

any and all bookings. There is a big disconnect here.

Our 5/16 Eclipse cruise was also cancelled.  We were able to transfer our booking with the same pricing and promotions we had to the 7 day southbound on Millennium on 5/21.  Glad they honored our same price as this cruise is much more now

Annoyed that they are not giving us an opportunity to lift and shift.  I was willing to go from 9 nights to 7 from May 2021 to May 2022.  Only giving us the rest of 2021 is not helpful at all for our group since we want to do our own excursions.  I also sill doubt any cruises will be going out til mid summer anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Konasteve said:

Our 5/16 Eclipse cruise was also cancelled.  We were able to transfer our booking with the same pricing and promotions we had to the 7 day southbound on Millennium on 5/21.  Glad they honored our same price as this cruise is much more now

We are on the 5/21 Millie. I cross my fingers every time I check for a cancellation email and/or check on-line to see if the cruise is still available. We booked at a great price with all the perks and have a wonderful cruise tour to Glacier after the cruise.

Was the Eclipse 7 nights? If it was longer, did Celebrity lower your price for Millie to make up for the day(s) lost? Hope to see you in May!

10 hours ago, Konasteve said:

We were on the 5/16 Eclipse but have not been offered that transfer, not that we would take it anyway. You can only make that type of move once, so if Millie cancels, what then?

The Eclipse was 7 nights also. Our price/promotions were much better than what is being offered not so they gave us our same rates/promos. I’m half expecting it to cancel but am hopeful.  We have a transpacific planned on Millie in Sept at least

I didn’t realize you could only move it once but it would not have mattered, hopefully the new itinerary does go. I really won’t be surprised either way. If cruises cancel again then we’ll just go back to Cancun. Multiple trips there this year with cruises cancelled

This morning I could not find the five day sailing for May 2021 since I was considering putting my lift and shift to this sailing. I think the OP has summed up what is going on for most of May sailings with Celebrity. Every time I call my travel agent I get a new road block for trying to use my deposit money. Looks like time is running out and this will most likely be the first time with many cruises under my belt that I will let the deposit lapse. No need in applying more money into a cruise that will not happen. I wish everyone better luck than me. 

On 12/8/2020 at 1:54 PM, Fly and Sail said:

Just got the email:

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation.  As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit.  While working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health and government authorities towards this shared goal, we are evaluating all current itineraries to ensure compliance with the new Conditional Sail Order.  This means some of our itineraries will need to be canceled and others will be modified. 

Unfortunately, these deployment adjustments will require cancellation of your Alaska cruise vacation. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise.  At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity sailing in Alaska or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund. 

From now through December 22, you have the option to rebook on any other 7-night Alaska sailing in 2021, departing between May and September, based on the price and promotion of your original booking or at prevailing rate, whichever is lower.  If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $100 per stateroom. Please contact us or your Travel Agent to take advantage of this offer. 

If you are unable to rebook by December 22, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid for use on sailings through May 4, 2022.  The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by January 22, 2021 via email. ...

Sure enough, called and all May 2021 cruises to/from Alaska on X are cancelled. I moved my cruise to June 13 and got the extra $100. Sitting on $450 OBC now, it's piling up! 😄

My May on Eclipse cancelled.  Moved ot to June 11th. Received a 100 credit too. I now wonder if we should have moved it to Aug.