Carnival Miracle heading back to Long Beach, CA

CCLcruiser91

It looks like the Carnival Miracle is heading back to Long Beach, CA from Panama and is due to arrive on 12/17/20.

I wonder what the plan is for the Miracle in Long Beach with CA on governor lockdown?

Edited by CCLcruiser91
remove link

21 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Well, the lockdown is set for only three weeks.

That being said, I don't see cruises happening here until March\April

It may take several months to get through all of the CDC red tape, so that still puts them on track for March/April... Maybe

We have an 04/05 15 day cruise sailing on it out of San Diego. I don't see it happening because it is an over 7 day cruise. The final payment is due 01/05, but they're emailing me now to pay ASAP. I hope they decide its fate by the end of this month. If not, I guess I'll pay by 01/05 and then wait for the refund after it's cancelled 01/06.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:50 PM, CCLcruiser91 said:

It looks like the Carnival Miracle is heading back to Long Beach, CA from Panama and is due to arrive on 12/17/20.

I wonder what the plan is for the Miracle in Long Beach with CA on governor lockdown?

Great news although likely just starting the long set of checks/certifications before even doing a "test" cruise. I would put money on the "test" cruises occurring out of Long Beach but then the routine schedule moving the Miracle back to San Diego in April. The bigger question for the Miracle is what happens to this summer's San Francisco season? Carnival has already pulled the entire set of Alaska cruises leaving only a few 4 day Ensenda cruises through September before it returns to San Diego in October. Since the Radiance isn't arriving until November, the Miracle could split time between San Fran and Long Beach with 3-4 day cruises.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, auburn77 said:

We have an 04/05 15 day cruise sailing on it out of San Diego. I don't see it happening because it is an over 7 day cruise. The final payment is due 01/05, but they're emailing me now to pay ASAP. I hope they decide its fate by the end of this month. If not, I guess I'll pay by 01/05 and then wait for the refund after it's cancelled 01/06.

Call and ask for a payment extension, I did that for my 2/1 5 day trip on the Miracle they only extended it 2 weeks, but two days after I called and got the extension I received my cancellation email  

On 12/10/2020 at 2:52 PM, auburn77 said:

We are on that Hawaii sailing also and hoping it happens. We already had Mardi Gras' 16 night New York to Florida canceled due to ship yard delays. Then a B2B on the Magic due to COVID was canceled. If we do get to cruise in April, it will definitely be something to celebrate. As well as our 31st year together and our official 29th Wedding Anniversary on April 4th (the day before).

On 12/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, embarkation75 said:

The bigger question for the Miracle is what happens to this summer's San Francisco season? Carnival has already pulled the entire set of Alaska cruises leaving only a few 4 day Ensenda cruises through September before it returns to San Diego in October. Since the Radiance isn't arriving until November, the Miracle could split time between San Fran and Long Beach with 3-4 day cruises.

When I read you statement about Carnival having "pulled the entire set of Alaska cruises," I did a bit of research into the longer Miracle cruises out of San Francisco scheduled for next summer.  Apparently, Carnival is no longer accepting new bookings, but these cruises have NOT been officially cancelled.  Yet.  So my fingers are still crossed about my current Alaska booking.   Not getting my hopes too high though.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, Calnev1 said:

When I read you statement about Carnival having "pulled the entire set of Alaska cruises," I did a bit of research into the longer Miracle cruises out of San Francisco scheduled for next summer.  Apparently, Carnival is no longer accepting new bookings, but these cruises have NOT been officially cancelled.  Yet.  So my fingers are still crossed about my current Alaska booking.   Not getting my hopes too high though.

I am booked for May 31st out of SF. Carnival's MO is to cancel most cruises after final payment so they can hold your money for 3 or more months. Princess has already cancelled similar cruises that are longer than 7 days until next Nov.

Yup, it's a beautiful day here in So. Cal. and there she is.

I normally jog to the Queen Mary and back on a Monday through Friday basis but skipped Today.

Looking forward to seeing the Panorama next week though.  

image.png.201319d44bf225ca8c7094ccb8b8369a.png

Edited by Georgie562

Here she is, shots during my jog until I finally reached her up close and personal 🥰😍

66BF5818-1EF8-416A-93B9-55CC92D61E81.jpeg

9D5F2D32-0666-4F1E-A266-47504C0E88F2.jpeg

8592E44D-7861-4EFE-81E6-08C9A50FB0B1.jpeg

Then finally a shot next to our beloved Queen Mary

If you look closely you can make out the Norwegian Jewel in the back behind Carnival Miracle. NCL Jewel has been anchored there for about 2 months now.

C6E7C3EA-EDE7-414C-9111-64A1AC94F3DB.jpeg

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgie562 said:

Here she is, shots during my jog until I finally reached her up close and personal 🥰😍

66BF5818-1EF8-416A-93B9-55CC92D61E81.jpeg

9D5F2D32-0666-4F1E-A266-47504C0E88F2.jpeg

8592E44D-7861-4EFE-81E6-08C9A50FB0B1.jpeg

Then finally a shot next to our beloved Queen Mary

If you look closely you can make out the Norwegian Jewel in the back behind Carnival Miracle. NCL Jewel has been anchored there for about 2 months now.

C6E7C3EA-EDE7-414C-9111-64A1AC94F3DB.jpeg

Nice pics!   I wish I could jog to the cruise terminal!  

On 12/11/2020 at 10:21 PM, Calnev1 said:

Me neither.   I suspect they will eventually cancel  my July 5th, 10 day cruise. I wonder if they will try to switch me to a Freedom 7 day because they seem to be passing on the longer cruises for now.