I Need a Travel Fan--Not Handheld!

moondoggie

I'm looking for a compact electric travel fan--since I am always, ahem, overheated at night, even with the AC cranked up to the max. While DH sleeps burrowed underneath the covers, I'm comfortable only when it is very cool/cold. The ones I found at Brookstone aren't very efficient. Any suggestions, fellow cruisers? Thanks.

I was surprised to see one couple carrying a large fan when they disembarked. So I suppose if you want to bother you can tote anything on board.

They do make some small table fans but they would still be bulky to carry.

I used to use small clip on fans [about 8" diameter]for my exhibitor booth at craft fairs. They moved the air well for the size.I think I bought them at some place like Wal-Mart.

Good luck. I hope you find something that will be satisfactory.

You could try looking for a doorway fan. They are usually very small, 41/2 or 5" square. They are made for pushing heat from one room to another, but are small, quiet, efficient fans and would be easy to pack. Just a though. Try googling doorway fan. You can also try an Amazon.com search for travel fan or mini fans. I've seen many there before. Hope it helps! :)

I was surprised to see one couple carrying a large fan when they disembarked. So I suppose if you want to bother you can tote anything on board.

They do make some small table fans but they would still be bulky to carry.

I used to use small clip on fans [about 8" diameter]for my exhibitor booth at craft fairs. They moved the air well for the size.I think I bought them at some place like Wal-Mart.

Good luck. I hope you find something that will be satisfactory.

I have two. One I bought at Eckard's , under $10, about 8in. The other 10in at Bed, Bath'n Beyond for $9.99 and used their 20% coupon! For that price you could leave it for your cabin steward!

Micky

I also use a fan when I sleep. I call ships services and arrange to have one in my cabin supplied by the cruise line. I have never had a problem. The room steward brings a fan in along with an extension cord, if necessary. I don't know what line you are sailing with, but I suggest you contact them and see if they will supply a fan for you.

If by some chance the fan is not there when you arrive, just ask the room steward. They supply a large fan.

Linda:)

I like it much cooler in the room then Jessica does. I found a small desk fan from our office supply company Fan is made by Boston model ch-5df and is only 5"x5" Very light and easy to pack. Just remember to bring a "power strip" since the room does not have many outlets.

Archived