Explorer on TV - UK

lprp

Channel 5 in the UK are showing what is being described as a Christmas edition of The World’s Most Expensive Cruise Ship at 7pm on Tuesday 22 December. It’s probably a rerun with added tinsel and sleigh bells, but it will be nostalgic and whet our appetites for when we can safely cruise again.

Merry Christmas everyone 

• Like 1

Oh no it not, oh yes it is 😀 sorry couldn’t resist it. For the first time in years we won’t be going to a pantomime, great shame as we normally take the grandkids for a great afternoon entertainment at our local theatre. Sorry to our American friends who if they haven’t seen a pantomime won’t know what the first part of my post is on about,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2020 at 6:26 AM, Guerncruising said:

Turn the heating up, crack open the champagne, sit back, relax and dream. 

Hopefully the real deal will be not too far away!

What a wonderful idea.....will do just that....with the football game on! I'm assuming that champers goes with peanuts, nachos and assorted cold cuts!

1 hour ago, Guerncruising said:

Champers goes well with most things, especially more champers!

You beat me to it 🥂

We are also partial to a local Chapel Down sparkling wine from Tenterden 🍾

40 minutes ago, lprp said:

You beat me to it 🥂

We are also partial to a local Chapel Down sparkling wine from Tenterden 🍾

And how I wish Regent would stock some of the English sparklings, need to ask I suppose. 

I know Tenterden well, a really nice place. Used to live in Faversham and two daughters live in Kent in Ickham. Cheers 🥂

• Like 1

I was chatting to someone on regent, and they didn’t even know England produced wine, let along very fine wines and sparkling wines with a quality equal to most foreign producers. They didn’t even know that the English invented the process of making champagne and the pesky french nicked it, funny enough the French don’t seem to accept the written evidence.

If the BBC said it, it must be true, mustn’t it? (No it wasn’t written on April the 1st either), this caused quiet a stir when it was first published, with much wailing and knashing of teeth being heard in Kent from 22 miles across the English Channel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-39963098

• Like 2

Also funny that Taittinger bought some land from fruit farmers Gaskains of Selling  for growing vines. Surely no better recommendation for England to produce some excellent wines. 

Maybe someone at Regent will have read this and we will see a selection appearing soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Is this new or a repeat. Sunday Times TV listings has a (R) repeat symbol, whilst others do not?

I think it’s a repeat, but not 100% certain.

Got this email from Regent today:

A RETURN TO THE SMALL SCREEN
GO BEHIND THE SCENES OF A SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER® FESTIVE VOYAGE
Butler Image

Get a behind the scenes look at a festive cruise on the most luxurious ship ever built, Seven Seas Explorer®, at7pm on Tuesday 22 December on Channel 5. Also available to watch now on MY5. 

Cameras were given exclusive access as the all-suite, all-balcony, 750 passenger vessel, made her way through the Cayman Islands to Mexico and beyond.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Does anybody have the 5 episodes at all. Our point me in the right direction. I can't use Ch5 catchup due to being in Australia, hoping someone might have kept it.

Thanks