Aust/NZ - how many formal nights?

OzCruise

We're on the Feb. 25th and they say 2 formal nights. I'm happy it's only 2. Didn't want to pack 3 formals. Plus DH only has 2 shirts for his tux which is perfect. When are you going?

Hi Carol and Jim

We're on the 21 March cruise - 2 formal nights, heh? Oh dear, I'll just HAVE to go shopping for something new...:D

Flightiebel,

Formal nights are fun - I love seeing my honey dressed to the nines. he cleans up so well. I love seeing all the gowns and being able to have photos taken. Last cruise we were on, the first formal night is also the captain's cocktail party. They had it in the showroom and waiters passed trays of goodies and drinks, Big Band music played and peple drank, ate and danced - how much fun is that. Then we got to go in and have fillet and lobster...ummm, fat pills. If you don't like dressing up, there are other options, but it's fun to have something like a formal to look forward to on those sea days. We're off for a 16-day cruise in July and my husband is already talking about what shirts and cufflinks to wear - this is just a girl thing, getting pretty and all, yeah, right.

Seriously, formal night is fun, especially your very first one. Have an incredible night and don't forget to review!

Happy sails,

Charlie

We were on the Diamond, Auckland to Sydney, Jan 20 - Feb 1, 2006.

As others state there were 2 formal nights on this cruise, the rest were smart casuals. Even the 'formal' nights were more relaxed than most other 12 or more night cruises. I estimate that about 15% of the men wore tuxes, 80% were dressed in dark business suits and the rest - ?????

There were very few ladies in gowns.

The cruise was fanastic.

Hello Gypsy, welcome back! Will you be posting a review of your cruise? My husband and I will be doing the Sydney to Auckland trip in February '07 and I've not been able to find many reviews. Did you do a land tour as well?

Friday

We did this trip on '03 and it was spectacular. One of the best things we did was going on the bridge climb in Sydney. It was Austraila Day and we got to watch the Sydney harbor race from the bet seats in the house. In Dunedin, take the train ride. The sights were great and my husband still talks about the box lunch they served. It was so good that we have talked about immigrating to NZ. Personally, I fell in love with Tasmania and wished we spent more time there. Oh, don't miss the botanical gardens in Christchurch and Sydney either, but be careful about the bats. They don't hurt you or anything, but there can be copious amounts of bat guano in certain spots. Email me if you'd like (ckirby@deltacollege.edu). Have a fabulous trip!

Happy Sails,

Charlie

Hi

We have recently returned from this cruise it was the second leg of a 31 night cruise and by far the better part of the trip. We will try and post a review in the next few days. We had 2 formal nights and there was the normal mix of tuxes, suits and Kilts. The ladies brushed up well too !

Archived