suggestions for bringing alcohol?

aliciajayn

I know that NCL doesnt allow passengers to bring alcohol on board, but I figure its worth a shot...I intend to spend plenty at the bars there, but maybe I can save myself a few bucks...I'm looking for any suggestions for those of you that may have tried or know those that have...what works? Putting it in shampoo bottles? Water bottles? Should I go with carryons or checked? Anything you can offer will really help!

Alicia, I actually saw them check the seals on some water bottles.If you are inventive enough Isuppose you can work something out.And even if they find it they keep it until the last day of cruise then they allow you to get it back.Good Luck and you may spend plenty at the bars because they charge plenty so it doesnt take much. TOM

Really depends on whose checking!! We bought a bunch of rum in Jamaica and put it in the bottom basket of the baby carriage, they never even looked! In Cozumel, we carried it in in a bag and the guy opened it looked inside and didn't say a word, just let us on! When we embarked we put it in poland spring bottles and no one looked twice!

Good lUck

thanks for the info and insight, I'll be on my 1st cruise (Majesty) come April, the worst that can happen is they take it away and give it back at the end of the cruise, might be worth trying anyways.:)

Just don't get embarrased if they find it and take it away until the end of the cruise. Many people get so upset at being caught, and they let it start off their cruise on a sour note.

Tha Majesty as a great little ship with the friendliest crew afloat.....

Enjoy your cruise,

:)

Just don't get embarrased if they find it and take it away until the end of the cruise. Many people get so upset at being caught, and they let it start off their cruise on a sour note.

Tha Majesty as a great little ship with the friendliest crew afloat.....

Enjoy your cruise,

:)

Glad to here your thoughts on the Majesty and the crew, I won't let anything like taht ruin my cruise experience, just laugh it off and head for the bar.:)

I expect to get caught and am prepared for it when I am. When they scan your luggage and identify that there are bottles in the bag they don't note anywhere how many bottles you have. I always leave a bottle of the cheapest wine I can find right on top. When I go to the holding room to pick up my bag I open the bag and hand the single bottle of cheap wine to the staff. I close the bag sign the form for picking it up at the end of the cruise and head to my cabin . They're satified with the bottle I've surrendered, they've never forced me to empty the rest of your bag nor have they ruffled though my luggage. It's also best to go when other irate passengers are in the holding room. They tend to distract the staff.

At the bottom of my bag under my clothing is half a dozen bottles of the good stuff. This has worked for me everytime I've sailed with NCL. ;)

thanks everyone for your advice...that will def help...keep the suggestions coming, im open to trying everything....bequia, that also sounds like a good idea...do they xray checked luggage or do they just look through it? is checked the best way to go? also, can you put little airplane bottles in your pockets or anything when you go through the metal detectors? haha im trying to be as inventive as possible! thanks again!

not sure what the other lines do, but on HAL, I simply bring a plastic bottle of gin, seal it in a zip-loc bag for safety and then put it in my checked baggage. Have never had a problem. Also have bought a bottle or two in various ports and brought them back on board in a tote bag with other stuff and run them thru the xray machine as you reboard and have never been questioned or had them taken for "safe-keeping".

Will say that I think it's tacky to make drinks in your cabin and take them out into the public areas. Our bottle is just for in-room consumption. We still spend plenty in the bars.

.bequia, that also sounds like a good idea...do they xray checked luggage or do they just look through it?

They xray checked luggage. If they looked through it they would have thousands of claims for missing items. That's why the stunt bottle works, even though they xray luggage they don't record how many bottles they see. :p

Archived