Aft extended balconies on Breeze

abbiep

6 minutes ago, abbiep said:

Are these balconies covered or are they at least partially covered. 

We had one on deck 7 that was mostly covered. I think we were in 7464 if my memory serves me correctly, you wouldn’t be exposed to the sun from above unless standing at the railing. 

133FCC37-E902-485C-AA94-4EB6511BF516.jpeg

I believe those aft extended balconies are the same as the ones on the Magic. We had the 9th floor which is the top rear balcony floor on the Magic. The top floor has a cover but the ones below are only slightly covered by the balcony above. If you are in the lower floor, the people above can see down into the front portion of your balcony. Only the top floor has the view from above blocked by a covering.

4iZTBRuMqXYv0NtnCak9K-lTC9DETRgQYpE2R0nro7GHxTjQdddiKUjNUQ6DDZyMACYTvbkmdIkDaCcumQNN6a14uVJVe1g5xlB4GsLKKwxSLEscGnlKthCt_k_9FvMPaXusjozwiQQjBH8ARXBmrICEigwmBS_49aWZW9e1IFIHp4ZfVAbPDqczXewZCU6LnQmIHp728LXMrjhHFzIZQYGN1-O-uEmoHpOC2Jn6LgD9bCxfz1zBI5_olyUe4Ww-Aw52_zmSfD3LhK4WCvA0JaSJVNAijtoGH2yZdY1cU8nSDBfVc5SMyUIsa1yTivKkrJi9WMtnyWrw4UbtdveDu7CC5TJVO9l5XKyx0-2nXMryO7KVnCKUmqgPUtfuM5OuAc5HelL9VJ2z8HgP8-6hVrT626PeaPR4NvzMNz2OzinV-hy12HlVaXp4mj4l3JIRiyYuSJKj6XrBbiVT91wCS88g8QMdbohLfoiwUT0JfN5e4h8zBF8EO-hwfQjai4-NYLMQgGXkIY3r5VtiyN9kKM4Y2bjn2dERcowuUusdO-lv-K1zirJTJ_WS9LukLWUdXpTRIsuE14UqsKQsrz4EZM1UTLBoT9cnI7pX9JMQWUKCuXFkdBt50sBSWQdLQdKAstSxZBGoA0AEJT-R2GFLpNrDAIvdzbY1KvtPTws2CcSwttWuaI7_APu8KoD-jA=w825-h1100-no?authuser=0

image.thumb.png.f23acf511f7eb345f1e920aee495a7af.png

Edited by FijiFlip

This is the balcony in cabin 9477.  You can see that it is covered.  The two end balconies are also bigger than the middle ones.  I LOVED this balcony but I also don't sit in the sun so I appreciated the shade.  

IMG_4524.JPG

Rear extended balconies are one of my favorites. However there are a couple of thing about them most people don't know.

First as other people have mentioned they are partially covered.  If your on a cruise during a rainy season(like Alaska) expect everything to stay wet.

Second, There isn't much wind in the back, For Alaska its great, but in the Caribbean it can get hot in the sun. 

Third, if anyone and I mean anyone on the ship is smoking on their balconies, you will smell it in the back. This is because its a low pressure area that causes the smoke to accumulate. We had one cruise where my wife couldn't use it.  She has bad asthma and the smell of smoke gives her an asthma attack We called guest services multiple times and they never could identify who it was . 

14 hours ago, abbiep said:

Thanks for your responses. Cig smoke is an issue for me. 

Well, I wasn't going to comment, because I haven't been on every ship (hardly any, just four different ones) so anything I say is just anecdotal, but the two times we've had an aft extended balcony, we did not experience any cigarette smoke. That was on Liberty and Sunshine.

:shrug:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, I wasn't going to comment, because I haven't been on every ship (hardly any, just four different ones) so anything I say is just anecdotal, but the two times we've had an aft extended balcony, we did not experience any cigarette smoke. That was on Liberty and Sunshine.

:shrug:

We didn't experience any smoke issues on the aft extended on the Magic. It may have been because we were on the top deck for those rooms. I HIGHLY recommend deck nine. If you can, get one of the 2  center rooms. They are bigger rooms and the balcony is a tad bigger also because those rooms are circular across the back . 🙂

Edited by FijiFlip