Tortola Baths Go any way you can!!!

lyndaedris

We were there on Feb. 6. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we could not book with Speedy. We were only in port from 7-1. So we opted to take the ship tour for $49/person. I have to say it was worth it as much as I don't like to do ship excursions.

We left at around 8AM and were back at 11:45AM. We had to be back on ship by 12:30 so we had just enough time to run to the little stands and buy a T-shirt. We had 2 guides from the ship, Stacey and a young man. They were there to help you out in anyway they could if you needed them. They were on shore also as well as snorkelling with you.

We had a great time.

The Catamarand took us over and gave us all our snorkel stuff and life vests. He anchored around 300 feet off the first beach we had to swim to. My one complaint is that they should have had a raft to carry towels, cameras etc in because you couldn't take them with you and swim at the same time. I did however. I put my camera and glasses in a double zip lock bag and swam in with my snorkel equipment on holding the bag up and out of the water. It survived just fine but I am use to doing this. I am so glad that I did!!

When we got to the first beach we had to walk over to the second beach. This was so fun. Under rocks, into little caves, into little pools, up ladders, down ladders(all very short) thru the sand. It was awesome! Then when you got to the 2nd beach WOW!!! Here you snorkelled and swam. My husband and I are rock climbers/boulderers as well. Needless to say with the nine million huge boulders in all shapes and sizes we were in our glory. But you can't boulder in sandy feet etc. We managed to do several climbs.

This beach was just wonderful. Our catamarand drove over and anchored here so that we swam back to the boat from here again about 300 feet. When we left there were about 4 other boats already anchored here to swim. Some private others for tours. On the boat they had rum punch or regular punch and bottled water for you. I thought this was very nice.

We did have a great time and have some terrific pictures to remember the Baths from.

I would love to go back to Tortola and this time visit the island itself and the baths again. The island looked lovely but unfortunately due to those time constraints we couldn't see it. Didn't even know there was a restaurant at the top by the parking lot!

Could you tell me how long you had at each beach, and how long you had to snorkel. We did the Speed boat last year to Virgin Gorda, and til we got there and then had to take the van to the Baths we didn't have that much time at the Bath's. I think the Catamara sounds like a lot of fun.

Archived