Sun specialty restuarants

tennncruiser

Do a search, they been posted many times.

Here they are once again:

Pacific Heights

Mon_Pacif_Menu.jpg

East Meets West

I've heard they have swapped the menu from East Meets West Restaurant on the Sun to steakhouse menu similiar to Cagney's on other ships.

menu_cagney.JPG

Ginza Restaurant (Same as Bamboo on other ships)

menu_bamboo2.JPG

Le Bistro French Restaurant

menu_lebistro.JPG

Il Adiago Italian Restaurant (Same as Kahilli on POA)

Mon_Kah_Menu.jpg

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant (Same as Tangos Tapas on the Jewel)

http://magwa.fotki.com/cruising/norwegian_jewel_2005/dining_areas/norwegianjewel_797a.html

Which side of the bed did you wake up on?[/Quote]

I always wake up on top of the bed, unlike some who have fallen off in their drunken stupor.

By the way, I've been posting NCL menus for MONTHS. A search would have found all NCL menus that have been posted anywhere on the internet.

There is a reason why Cruise Critic posted a SEARCH THIS FORUM link at the top of the threads. You're supposed to use it.

How do you think I answered the OP question?

No one else bothers to do the search to answer the question, which is why I answered it. NOTE: No one else replied.

P.S. I did not appreciate the implied personal attack either.

Maybe the next time I'll let the question go unanswered if I'm going to be flamed doing so.........

Maybe the next time I'll let the question go unanswered if I'm going to be flamed doing so.........

Please don't. I think you provide a lot of valuable information. I'm a newbie to NCL and we are sailing on the Sun this coming September. I appreciate the time it took to post the menus for the Sun's specialty restaurants.

Toni :D

Please don't. I think you provide a lot of valuable information. I'm a newbie to NCL and we are sailing on the Sun this coming September. I appreciate the time it took to post the menus for the Sun's specialty restaurants.

Toni :D

I agree, Electricron always has a good attitude. Michael, who has just suddenly appeared hasn't even cruised NCL but suddenly is appearing all over the place with less than a positive attitude and yet he seems to be excited about his upcoming cruise. I don't think I quite understand where he is coming from. NMNita

• 1 month later...

OK, first my disclaimer.....I did do a search for this info. And while I did not thoroughly read all 200+ results, I did check the recent posts that seemed likely to have the answer, with no luck.

I have seen lots of mentions of Pacific Heights' breakfast, and thanks to electricron, the dinner menu. And I know there is no extra charge to eat there, right? But since it is considered a Specialty Restaurant, are reservations required?

Again....sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

OK, first my disclaimer.....I did do a search for this info. And while I did not thoroughly read all 200+ results, I did check the recent posts that seemed likely to have the answer, with no luck.

I have seen lots of mentions of Pacific Heights' breakfast, and thanks to electricron, the dinner menu. And I know there is no extra charge to eat there, right? But since it is considered a Specialty Restaurant, are reservations required?

Again....sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

We ate there last time we cruised the Sun and you did not need reservations. Of course that was 4 years ago; we are going on her again and I am glad to see the menu. NMnita

If that's the Pacific Heights menu, they've completely changed this restaurant since I sailed the Sun. Is it no longer an all-Cooking Light restaurant, then?

I am thinking the same thing. I can live with it either way; I just want to live with food, food, food. NMNita

The Pacific Heights menu posted is not the one for the Sun. I do not have a copy of it but I just returned yesterday from the Sun. Pacific Heights has waffles, bacon and sausage in the morning. For dinner they have the "cooking light" menu which has fairly average american things like meat loaf, fish, etc. At lunch they have a made to order pasta station and sometimes, pizza.

Also the Bamboo menu above does not reflect what the Sushi Bar has. The non-sushi menu is called the Ginza Meal and it is $10. It consists of miso soup, salad, Gyoza dumplings, Tempura Sushi roll, Shrimp and Vegetable Sushi, and a trio of creme brulee for dessert (ginger, passion fruit and green tea - each good but different from what you have had before). In addition to individual sushi, they also had an all you can eat sushi roll meal that was $10.

The Pacific Heights menu posted is not the one for the Sun. I do not have a copy of it but I just returned yesterday from the Sun. Pacific Heights has waffles, bacon and sausage in the morning. For dinner they have the "cooking light" menu which has fairly average american things like meat loaf, fish, etc. At lunch they have a made to order pasta station and sometimes, pizza.

Also the Bamboo menu above does not reflect what the Sushi Bar has. The non-sushi menu is called the Ginza Meal and it is $10. It consists of miso soup, salad, Gyoza dumplings, Tempura Sushi roll, Shrimp and Vegetable Sushi, and a trio of creme brulee for dessert (ginger, passion fruit and green tea - each good but different from what you have had before). In addition to individual sushi, they also had an all you can eat sushi roll meal that was $10.

/zuzu you spoiled it for me: I was ready to eat my heart out of clog it, whichever. Actually we enjoyed eating there 4 years ago. I had pork chops and they really were pretty good. Certianly not Le Bistro, but much better for the body. NMNita

NMNita, don't worry, even though the menu is different, it is still wonderful. We had the following last week and enjoyed it all.

- clam chowder (cooked tex mex way or something)

- arragula salad with pear and walnuts

- glazed porkchops

- meatloaf

- vegetable lasagna

- mussels in wine sauce

- pureed lentil minestrone soup

I also heard great reviews on their stromboli and fish.

All deserts on the ship were great to me icon10.gif

Electric Ron always makes remarks like that.

You would think he would have posted the menus correct with him smart remarks!

Why FLAME poor little ole me?

It took me between 30 to 60 minutes of research answering the OP.

No one else took the time, and it's been over a month!

How did I find the answers I posted? I searched using Google the world wide web.

Anyone could have done the searches, including YOU!

The Pacific Heights menu I posted is the only one, back then, that was available.

Is it MY fault that no one has posted on the world wide web the newer menu?

If it existed, I surely would have posted it. But it didn't.

Menus change over time. Don't hold me to a standard of accuracy that's impossible to meet.

DO YOUR OWN SEARCHES FROM NOW ON!

I will stop posting MENUS for all of you from now on! It's a waste of my precious time!

I WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND!

And no one else will probably take the time to answer them if we're going to crucified trying!

If you really have your heart set on the specialty restaurants: As soon as you embark go to the Atrium and check out the menus....you will be able to book as many as you want...the whole week, if you choose. From our experience in January, be sure to book Thursday and Friday early or you will miss out. If you already know which restaurants you want you can also phone from your cabin. Enjoy.

I replied yesterday...don't see it. So here goes....The specialty restaurants can took up quickly, especially for Thursday and Friday nights. Yes, you can book the whole week at once. Go to the Atrium to look at menus and make ressies, or if you know which ones you want, call the desk from your cabin. Enjohy.

Archived