Internet

licram

On 1/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, AZjohn said:

I hope this question was asking about the speed of WiFi on ship can handle streaming videos. I’m very interested in this as many cruise lines say “streaming” is possible but, the truth is no way. I’m hoping what I read about Princess

ship internet speed I hope is true as we would enjoy watching what we have recorded on DVR (using vpn of course).

I've been on several different cruise lines with internet and I find Princess to be the best based on the 3 ships I've tried it on. Of course it depends on the equipment on board but on the Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess and Royal Princess, I found the internet to be quite impressive. Compared to my last cruise on the Navigator of the Seas on RCI, its head and shoulders above RCI. Not even close. Now, can it stream Youtube without lag? I cant answer that and its even possible that they could throttle video streaming due to the negative impact on the ships overall bandwidth. Also note your vpn may also lag but for posting on FB, sending emails, general websurfing - I've been very impressed.

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 1