January 2007 Partial transit Panama Canal Price??

pondst302

We are interested in a 10-12 night partial Panama Canal sailing roundtrip from Florida in January or February 2007. If we wait until Sep-Nov to book should we get better rates? We are looking at RCCL Brilliance as a first choice and the prices seem really high right now. Do we wait or book now and hope the prices are lowered? We prefer at least a window but have decided we really don't spend enough time in our room to warrant the cost of a balcony (I think I spent one hour total on our balcony last week....)! Please send any suggestions our way! By the way we are early 40's and prefer a little nightlife (last week the Grand Princess was nice but a little to sedate)

thanks and happy cruising

athena

We just returned from the 11 day sailing of the Brilliance- wonderful ship/crew!

This was our 12 cruise and probably one of the best, I will say that we noticed that it had the oldest bunch of pass. ever also. Not a problem for us at all and the ship seemed to be hopping all the time. I think they told us there were 46 children on the ship. We never once had to worry about finding a deck chair near the pool or anywhere else.

We booked this cruise about 14 mo ahead, some friends that deceided to go along with us booked about 8 mo ahead and they paid about $400 more than we did. The price never went down only up and was sold out.

If you want to do this cruise then book now and get your pick of cabins- we did have a balcony and I would really recommend one expecially for Panama Canal day. We got a hump cabin on deck 9 and the location was perfect. It was worth the extra cost. But there are also plenty of other viewing areas on this ship for canal watching...

Funcruiser

Just like haircuts, you can always take more off, but you can't add more on!

So, book now and watch the prices (I tend to check about once a month, or more often if I see internet ads for cruise specials). If the price of your cabin category decreases, just call your TA and ask for a price reduction. I've done it on two cruises now. I think you have to do it before final payment, though.

We also just returned from the Brilliance 11 day cruise. I don't think you will find any bargains on this cruise no matter how long you wait. It is a great ship and you will have a good time. Our sailing was sold out and I believe most of them are. That's why you don't even find any C&A coupons for this itinerary. Book now and if the price does go down you can get the lower price, if it goes up you got a deal.

I took the Brilliance 10 day in November 2005. We booked it in September of 2004 and the price never dropped the entire time. We booked the same trip while on board but for 11 days in January 2007. We're pretty much resigned to the fact that what price we saw now is the price we are going to pay next year.

I'd say book now and get the best price...and join our roll call for the 1/22/07 cruise if that's the date you pick!

Cheers,

Esther

Archived