Lets leave our thoughts following the tragic passing of Jose"Papi" Contreras

bmwman

For us it will always be the smile smile smile and the wicked rummy rummy and Mojito he mixed. 

• it will be his love for the world and the world loved him.
  • It will be the dinners with him on NCL ships and the love he showed us and our family which was 
  • It will be the day Wilson Palicios (footballer) signed for an English football club and he told me that Honduras were going to be world champions! 
  • But above all we loved the man that is Papi and our hearts go out  to his son David ,who we so love, and to the whole Contreras family.

May Papis name be a blessing to us all.

RIP my dear friend and may you always fly high. We will miss you forever 

• Like 1

• bmwman changed the title to Lets leave our thoughts following the tragic passing of Jose"Papi" Contreras

Papi was special. God gave him such special gifts; his smile, his love for all, his sense of humor, his generosity, his laughter, and especially his big heart. God definitely created a very special man. Papi's love for his NCL family was unsurpassed. Everyone that sailed with him will truly miss him.

• Like 1

I have dozens of photos of us with Papi --  in every one his thumb is up, his grin is wide and his eyes have that delightful twinkle. On each cruise he sought us out daily always asking what we needed or what he could do for us. He seemed to be everywhere on the ship with guests seeking him out at every turn just to say hello. 

I am still in shock that he is gone and my heart is heavy. My deepest condolences to David and the Contreras family and to Papi's cruise family. I know how much he loved everyone and his passing will be felt forever.  Fair winds and following seas dear Papi.

• Like 2

Papi was the best I got to know him on many cruises and he encouragedme to do the first Transat on EscApe   ...which I did .He was a kind, generous lovely person .I.m so sorry to hearofhis passing ...he will be missed .May his fAmily  be spared further sorrow 

• Like 1

Papi always ensured that we were happy every time we cruised with him. He was always positive, happy, and going above and beyond to ensure that everyone were treated like VIP's. He was the ultimate entertainer. We will miss him and I'm sure The Chocolate Cowboy will ensure that his legacy lives on. 

Rest In Peace Papi.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:05 PM, FlGoodShips said:

Papi was special. God gave him such special gifts; his smile, his love for all, his sense of humor, his generosity, his laughter, and especially his big heart. God definitely created a very special man. Papi's love for his NCL family was unsurpassed. Everyone that sailed with him will truly miss him.

Well said!! 

So saddened to hear of Papi's passing from COVID.  Our prayers are with his family.

First met Papi on the Dawn from FL to NYC when NCL was announcing a full time ship in NYC - 2003, I believe.  

After that we enjoyed so many cruises with Papi, always upbeat, always going out of his way for guests whether long-term friends or welcoming a newcomer.  

One of our favorite moments was dancing in the Five O'Clock Somewhere Club on Escape and Papi and son David coming in together for a few minutes of "father-son" time.  It was a special moment for them to be on the same ship and so much fun for us to interact with them together that cruise.

We also will always remember the "raspberry guava mojito" that was Papi's creation and we don't even drink mojitos.  Hope NCL will always keep it on the menu so we can hoist one to Papi in his memory!

Our hearts go out to Papi's family and know that the love they shared for him spread over many ships and many countries through his "cruising family."  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...