Opinions on a Neptune Suite

KanCruise

36 minutes ago, Wavelet said:

I have a question regarding Neptune suites on the 35 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. The price of these cabins seem extraordinarily high compared to other suites/cruises. A Neptune suite lists at approx $24,000. A Signature suite on the same cruise is approx $12,000. On a 31 day SA cruise a Neptune suite is approx $12,000 and Signature suite on same cruise is approx $9,000. It seems like a big difference for cruises approx the same length, or even between Signature and Neptune suites on same cruise. I’m new to HAL so I hope someone can explain it to me. TIA.

Are your comparisons on the same ship?  The individual ships have varying numbers of Signatures and Neptunes, thus the prices can be far different.  For example, the Koningsdam has only 14 Signatures while the Oosterdam (and other Vista class ships) have 100 (even thought the K is a larger ship).  Supply and demand.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

I’m basically concerned with the Neptune cabins. Neptune suite on the Zuiderdam was approx $24,500. I did see a 34 day cruise on the Noordam ( I believe the same class ship) a Neptune suite for approx $13,500. Maybe it’s the destination combined with ship I don’t know.  It just seems like an unusually large discrepancy with this particular cabin compared to other suites on the Zuiderdam or other Neptune suites on other comparable ships.

2 hours ago, Wavelet said:

I’m basically concerned with the Neptune cabins. Neptune suite on the Zuiderdam was approx $24,500. I did see a 34 day cruise on the Noordam ( I believe the same class ship) a Neptune suite for approx $13,500. Maybe it’s the destination combined with ship I don’t know.  It just seems like an unusually large discrepancy with this particular cabin compared to other suites on the Zuiderdam or other Neptune suites on other comparable ships.

I look at the per day per person rate.  Generally speaking rates for the Vista class ships (the ones you mentioned) range from $400-600.  I consider a $300 rate a bargain and are a bit hard to find.  At $700, IMO it is a bit high.  

You do need to compare category to category within the Neptunes of course.  HAL often uses the few SC Neptunes as low price leaders to attract people, but normally you can only book guarantees with them, so many people will spend more and pick a higher priced SB or SA.  Once the SCs sell out, of course the published prices you see will be higher.

As they say, the devil is in the details.

Thanks Dave. I’m new to HAL and not familiar with the pricing. I really liked the 35 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and usually cruise in suites, but the price point here is a little too much for me. I appreciate all the information you’ve given me. Maybe we’ll try HAL with a different itinerary.