Additional OBC being offered to not cancel.

19cruiser59

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That should make your decision that much easier, especially if you're getting an extra 100 in OBC.  If a good portion is already tied up in gift cards, then pay the balance and get 700 in OBC.  That should be a very easy decision.

That's kind of what we're thinking.  So if I'm understanding correctly, the extra $100 OBC that Carnival is offering will add to the $600 and all $700 would go towards the next booking?  We have 2 cabins booked, so that makes it $1400 OBC.  I suppose it would be too greedy to also want the $100 OBC per cabin our PVP gave us when we re-booked, although I guess if it's one of the offerings when we book again then we would get it.

6 minutes ago, pamesacruisin said:

That's kind of what we're thinking.  So if I'm understanding correctly, the extra $100 OBC that Carnival is offering will add to the $600 and all $700 would go towards the next booking?  We have 2 cabins booked, so that makes it $1400 OBC.  I suppose it would be too greedy to also want the $100 OBC per cabin our PVP gave us when we re-booked, although I guess if it's one of the offerings when we book again then we would get it.

Don't know if the 100 in OBC as a sweetener from your PVP can be combined with the new extra 100, I would doubt it, but 1400 in OBC is certainly nothing to sneeze at and throw away, especially if a portion of the monies are just coming back to you in gift cards.  Take the extra 100 as a thank you, and pick another date. 

20 hours ago, pamesacruisin said:

NO, it does NOT become $700.  Cancellation policy will be as before.... $300/$600 with no stacking.  The extra $100 sweetener only applies if your cruise actually sails as currently scheduled.  And understand that if you choose the refund route today, you won't be eligible for any $300/$600 cancellation related FCC when Carnival pulls the plug on your cruise in the future. 

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1