Jamaica, Grand Cayman 7 mile beach

jeaniebean

Hi-

My sister and I will be going on the Western Carribean cruise soon. One of the stops is Jamaica and I'm concerned about safety. Any ideas? Is there really anything worth while to see there?

Is there any shallow swim with the stingrays in Grand Cayman?

Is there a charge to go to the Holiday Inn/7 mile beach?

Any info on this cruise would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jeaniebean

1st- which ship and date? we are Radiance on 4/16

2nd- go to the ports area of the boards and you will get lots and lots of help! yes- if you stay in the main areas with a ship or other well-known tour group and use good sense- ie don't go off by yrselves with unknown men, you wil be fine! We have booked the stingray tour with moby dick tours and are very excited to go in GC- check out their web site- mobydicktours.com- remember these people depend on the repeat business of the ships, esp now after the hurricanes, to rebuild their islands!

Lisa

In Jamaica pay for Pete Taylor to take you around. People RAVE About him and he shows you the real Jamaica, the wonderful island that is my all time favorite in the Caribbean! It is lovely but you will not see it if you get off and wander around. Darn it all anyway!

In Grand Cayman 7 mile beach is nice but if you take a Nativeways tour of Stingray City your life will be enhanced and no, I am not overstating it at all! Seriously you need to do Stingray City.

The Holiday Inn on 7 Mile Beach. That brings back memories. I got drunk there for the first time in my life, a billion years ago. Rum drinks at sunset! The whole beach is nice and the Holiday Inn is in a good location.

Seriously look on the boards and many will tell you to do what I am. You will fall in love with Jamaica if you do it right and hate it forever if you don't. I love Jamaica too much to want to see anyone ever hate it again.

Archived