Visa required for Turkey

worldtraveler1234

We are booked on Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities 12/22/21-1/5/22 with 3 stops in Turkey.Bodrum,Ephesus,Troy and Istanbul. We will fly out the next day from Istanbul . We are not extending in Turkey.

Has anyone experienced the Visa program?

How much time is needed prior to the voyage to secure the Visa? 

What was the cost?

Thanks

We went to Turkey in summer of 2019.  It is very easy to get a visa for Turkey.  They have an e-visa program.  I think they suggest you apply less than 3 months before you leave, and it takes very little time.  They’re pretty cheap too....I want to say it was $36 total and took me 15 min for 2?  You get an immediate response, which I printed out and folded into our passports.  I think I applied in June for a July trip.

Just be careful, there are a LOT of sites that will procure it for you, for a price (about 2-3x what you can get directly from Turkey).  The official site of the Turkish government is as easy as these.  I started filling out an application, and realized halfway through it as a procurement firm.  

I read about the Turkey visa as we are doing a pre cruise excursion in May 2022.  My cursory review is that cruise ship passengers don't need a visit for daily trips.  I'm not certain about one extra day waiting for a flight.  It appeared to me that the cruise industry worked a deal with the government to the effect of:  we are bringing all of this money, don't make our customers spend more or don't bite the hand that feeds you.  

Like I said, I think for our pre cruise extension we will need a visa but I'm not certain that you do.

I asked the Viking Rep and was advised that a VISA was required. MVJ for this cruise also directs to a source to obtain Turkey Visa.

The Turkish e-visa site states that any embankment or disembarkation in Turkey requires a visa.

I intend to secure visas to be safe.

I copied this from the e-visa site. Since we will be departing from Istanbul airport a visa is necessary.

According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which entered into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for touristic purpose are exempt from visa provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours. However, if you arrive in/depart from our country by air for your cruise tour, you must obtain a visa.-

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 6:25 AM, worldtraveler1234 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.turkey-travelling.com/e-Permit/application

The cost from USA $50/pp. The viking site was $109/pp.
Every thing on line and credit cards.

FYI, this page is no longer working on the Turkey web site.  You might be forced to use the Viking vendor.