Christmas cruise flights

CCFC

3 hours ago, seapals2 said:

I would have asked for compensation too.  Obviously over booked the cruise and not enough flight seats available to fulfil demand.  Part of the selling point with this Caribbean cruise is the fact you fly out on chartered flights.  We did it a couple of years ago and it worked really well.  Coaches met the plane on the tarmac and we were whisked straight to the ship in Barbados.  Onboard in less than an hour from landing.  Would recommend it to anyone doing a Caribbean cruise for the first time .. as there is no luggage handling.  

To copy Eric Morecambe, P&O will always have enough airline seats but not necessarily from the airport of your choice.

5 hours ago, seapals2 said:

I would have asked for compensation too.  Obviously over booked the cruise and not enough flight seats available to fulfil demand.  Part of the selling point with this Caribbean cruise is the fact you fly out on chartered flights.  We did it a couple of years ago and it worked really well.  Coaches met the plane on the tarmac and we were whisked straight to the ship in Barbados.  Onboard in less than an hour from landing.  Would recommend it to anyone doing a Caribbean cruise for the first time .. as there is no luggage handling.  

Not always charters we’ve flown BA before from LGW to join Ventura only difference you’ve to collect your baggage. Don’t know what’s  going on here but these cruises are sold as flights included so if it was me I’d be enquiring a little bit deeper. It’s like some cruisers say they get B2B discount for the Caribbean fly cruises which we’ve never had as per T&Cs but in future if our TA doesn’t give it we’ll be changing

Last time we flew out we flew with Virgin Atlantic. We did wonder if we would have to collect our luggage at Barbados and enquired when we checked in, but were told no as P&O had arranged for it to be transported to the ship.