Lift & Shift Question

Oldsweets

We are a small group with a May Caribbean 7 day trip canceled trip and are looking to Lift & Shift.  We have no experience with Lift & Shift and curious of how Celebrity handles this given they only have one 7 day Caribbean in a 30 day window (May 2022) which is out of San Juan not original Ft Lauderdale departure port.  We don’t have a problem with changing our departure port but simply wondering how flexible Celebrity has been with Lift & Shift?   I should add that we are wanting the Lift & Shift because of the great deal we had received on original booking will not be likely be matched except by Lift & Shift.  Good news is we cant loose but certainly would welcome the opportunity to keep the deal we got!  Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Oldsweets said:

We are a small group with a May Caribbean 7 day trip canceled trip and are looking to Lift & Shift.  We have no experience with Lift & Shift and curious of how Celebrity handles this given they only have one 7 day Caribbean in a 30 day window (May 2022) which is out of San Juan not original Ft Lauderdale departure port.  We don’t have a problem with changing our departure port but simply wondering how flexible Celebrity has been with Lift & Shift?   I should add that we are wanting the Lift & Shift because of the great deal we had received on original booking will not be likely be matched except by Lift & Shift.  Good news is we cant loose but certainly would welcome the opportunity to keep the deal we got!  Thanks in advance.

I can't answer directly, but look at your email when received to see how they describe the option available to you.  I just had a European cruise on Reflection cancelled this morning, and the Lift & Shift language I got was this:

From now through March 23, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the same destination and rescheduling for next year, aboard Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Silhouette or Celebrity Reflection sailing in Europe, for a voyage within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.

What I took from this was: (1) must be same ship class, i.e., an upgrade to Apex or Edge will not be allowed; and (2) this is a daily rate Lift & Shift offer, so I am not restricted to a 12 night cruise only - I can take the daily rate and apply it to another cruise of a different length.  Nothing was said to suggest that it would have to be a cruise out of the same port, either.  

The only other thing to say, based on experience from when my April transatlantic was cancelled, is that if the initial inquiry to Celebrity results in a negative response, either call back another time and/or ask to escalate the request for supervisory approval.

Tom & Judy

This was in my email message for my May 23rd Caribbean sailing cancellation: 

"From now through March 23, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the same destination and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking." 

So you can choose a 6 or 8 night Ft. Lauderdale departure and they'll adjust your rate accordingly. 

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
clarification