Translatlantics - Europe to USA end-2021

podgeandrodge

Saw reports yesterday saying that the CDC reaffirmed the Conditional No Sail Order until 1 November 2021.  

I will have to leave home on the 30th of October in order to make it to Rome in time for my Transatlantic Cruise on The Escape on the 2nd of November.  Now I am really torn as to what decision I want to make.  As a widow traveling alone, I had some fears about this cruise in the first place.

What is everyone's thoughts about all this?

Mandy

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Saw reports yesterday saying that the CDC reaffirmed the Conditional No Sail Order until 1 November 2021.  

I will have to leave home on the 30th of October in order to make it to Rome in time for my Transatlantic Cruise on The Escape on the 2nd of November.  Now I am really torn as to what decision I want to make.  As a widow traveling alone, I had some fears about this cruise in the first place.

What is everyone's thoughts about all this?

Mandy

Since we are leaving Rome, the CDC won't necessarily play a part in this and we arrive back in the US on November 18th, after the Order expires (if it doesn't sooner).  Lots can happen between now and then.  I am a solo female traveler and have flown to Europe to join cruises before...no issues.  I am booked until final payment and will make a decision then.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, podgeandrodge said:

So there are a few transatlantic NCL cruises from Europe, e.g. Rome/Lisbon in November/December to the USA.

Right now, EU citizens can't go to the US as per US travel restrictions (not to mention their own restrictions).

Hopefully the travel restrictions will not be in place at the end of this year.

But what are folks thoughts on whether these ships (NCL Dawn, Star, Epic, Escape, Getaway) etc. will be over in Europe to actually make that trip back to the US?  (Or maybe they will be in Europe by summer).

Will these transatlantics have a good chance of taking place?

Hi

The Dawn is in Europe now.(check *****)   Sooo  hopefully the transatlantic will bring her back   But to where if the no sail order is still in effect cannot come back to USA  maybe the Bahamas.  We are booked on the transatlantic and the 7day cruise before.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

• 2 weeks later...

Booked Escape NCL Nov. Rome to NY and not only wonder if it will sail, but how to handle this if extended:

"During our first full month of operations, July and August 2021, guests will be required to purchase a Norwegian Cruise Line shore excursion. This policy will be continually evaluated with our Sail Safe expert council and we will modify requirements accordingly." - NCL

Can't go out on your own. Must pay to get off the ship for a tour you don't want. This will increase prices huge and make NCL tons of kickback money from tour operators. There are 11 ports on that cruise and I went with OVC to arrive early with room in Rome. Probably, would have to hife in room for two days if NCL continues this "bubble" nonsense.

Worst part is if you cancel at final payment it costs you your travel insurance, even if they decide to not cruise in the next three months.