Where to stay pre cruise Los Angeles?

Cyclospora

6 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Basically, Carnival sails out of Long Beach...everyone else sails out of San Pedro.  The two are on opposite edges of the very large harbor.  Staying in a Long Beach hotel will, generally, put you about 6-8 miles from the cruise center in San Pedro...and, no, nobody in Long Beach will shuttle you to the pier in San Pedro.  The San Pedro hotels--at least the Doubletree, Crowne Plaza and Best Western will.

That said, it is not unreasonable to stay in Long Beach for a cruise out of San Pedro...just be prepared to grab an Uber to the pier for your cruise.  I'd recommend the following Long Beach hotels for the nicest hotels in the best location and easy walking distance to restaurants, the Aquarium, Shoreline Village, etc.:  Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Centric at the Pike, Renaissance, Westin...in that approximate order.  You can pick up the free Passport shuttle to go over the bridge to see the Queen Mary.  The Maya Doubletree and Residence Inn Downtown are across the channel near the Queen Mary...but you'll need to grab the Passport to get to most restaurants and shopping and to the Aquarium...

Thank you! This is the info I needed. Very much appreciated!

15 hours ago, cabarche said:

I've been reading this thread with great interest. We have already been to many of the places suggested in and around Hollywood, santa Monica etc. We are coming in 2 nights before a Jan 2022 cruise on NCL. It appears they sail from San Pedro not Long Beach. Can anyone confirm this...and would staying at a hotel on long Beach versus San pedro work?  I assume most hotels offer shuttle service to the pier?We would do all the touristy things in that area instead. Thanks for letting my jump into the conversation.

Where to stay depends what you want to do in those three days (two nights) before the cruise.

I'd stay in Santa Monica where there is lots to see and do, iconic sights, good food.

I'd only stay in San Pedro if I was coming in late the day before the cruise.

10 hours ago, cabarche said:

Thank you! This is the info I needed. Very much appreciated!

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Long Beach before a Princess Cruise to Hawaii. It was excellent. The shopping village just opposite has a great seafood restaurant and a PF Chang’s and we also visited the aquarium within walking distance. Across the street is a comedy club ( very enjoyable). We took a taxi from the hotel to the San Pedro pier the next morning. Easy peesy 

• Thanks 1