Menus~QM2

emilygrace

Can anyone tell me if they give you copies of the menus (lunch and/or dinner) from your cruise when you leave? I know of someone who has all her menus from her cruises on the QE2 and I noticed that each one had that day's date and where they were at the time, so it would be impossible to reuse them. It would certainly make a nice souvenir. I am asking specifically about the QM2.

Thank you!

Carol

Can anyone tell me if they give you copies of the menus (lunch and/or dinner) from your cruise when you leave? I know of someone who has all her menus from her cruises on the QE2 and I noticed that each one had that day's date and where they were at the time, so it would be impossible to reuse them. It would certainly make a nice souvenir. I am asking specifically about the QM2.

Thank you!

Carol

Carol,

I asked early on when we noticed the date printed if we could keep it, and our waiter replied, wait til the end of the cruise, and we will give you all of them. He did this for everyone at our table, and he and the assitant waiter signed them. I assume it was the same for everyone, but I honestly don't know. Unless someone else answers, just ask to be sure. However it was dinner only. No lunch menus.

BTW, the German couple at our table got menus that were in German on one side and English on the other! Nice touch!

Karie

Who has been meaning to look up some of the terms in some of those dishes!

Thanks for your quick replies! I definitely will ask, just to be sure. And Karie, when I read some of the menu items from the QE2 I was baffled too! I like to know what I'm eating, so I might have to ask the waiter to "translate"!

Be careful.

I heard the waiter at the next table, when someone asked about the vichyssoise simply said- It's cold soup! Gee, is that Bear foot soup, stewed swill soup? mop water soup? mounds of garlic leeks and onions soup? horseradish soup? I was tempted to lean over and tell them,but thought it would be rude and embarassing to the waiter.

and sometimes they just did not know!

Sometimes one of us at the table would order something as an extra to share, just to find out!

Life is an adventure!

Karie

P.S. It is a cold, but creamy leek and potato soup. I have some in my cabinet, if I didn't already eat it!

Archived