The Laffnvegas Quicky Review of the Feb.4-11 Oosterdam Cruise

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa:

Did you remember to hide something in the room for us to try to find when we are in the same cabin on April 22?? I should have reminded you!!

Mary

Mary, as a matter of fact I did:D Right before we left I left my business card with a note in the middle of the Bible. The Bible is in the top drawer of the night stand closest to the balcony door.

Lisa and Tom!

Thanks for the GREAT pictures and the quickie (haha) review!

Noticed you finally met up with Vic! :)

He looked like he was happy to be in the warmth of San Diego and not the piles and piles of SNOW back in his home. :)

About Vegas in June ... let me know when and where. I might be able to make it. One never knows when I can shake away for a day or 2. :)

Greg, I figured you would catch my picture of Vic, Yes, it was really great that we were able to spend some time together before we headed to the airport and he got to board the Oosterdam. He was so thilled he got to San Diego before the storm hit and was even more thrill he got to be where it was warm and not in the snow.

Greg I also must tell you something that I forgot to mention in my review. I spent the whole week thinking about you.... everytime I was in the bathroom:D I could not look at the toilet paper and the folded point with out thinking about you. I even thought about changing the toilet paper to go the other way but I did not;) (For those who think this comment is nuts you need to go and read revneal's last review of when he was on the Oosterdam in January)

Also we would be thrilled to have you come to Las Vegas for when Mr. Deering will be here. As I said I am not sure of the dates yet. He was pretty sure it was the first week of June, hopefully we will hear soon to let everyone know.

Ah, Lisa. Fantastic review and photos. Thanks so much for sharing. I love the Mexican Riviera cruise! The Oosterdam is still my favorite ship. I'd like to take it again next year.

I enjoyed your photos of 5187...it's such a terrific cabin.

Oosterdam is indeed fortunate to have Mr. Deering back on board.

Let us know when a possible Las vegas meeting might occur...we're only a few hours away. We'd love to venture out to the desert for this if possible.

Wecome home...thanks for sharing.

Peggy

Thanks for the "quicky". Obviously I'm longer winded than you since mine ran 6 pages long (and we didn't really do anything either!)

It's hard to believe it's all over. Now we're trying to decide what next. I have a "BIG" birthday in October but I don't think we'll do a cruise for that. Brian really wants to go back to a smaller ship next time so we'll have to see.

Great photos too. Especially liked the shot of the lights on the balcony. We also did the whale watching in Cabo so we have a lot of similar shots.

Still experiencing a little "dock rock".

Susan, I kept my review short since you already said everything for me:D For my Big Birthday we did the Ryndam in 2004 and it was great.

I also wanted to let you know that your last name is almost the same as my maiden name with the exception my maiden name had an "s" at the end.

As far as experiencing "dock rock" I really have not had that the last few cruises, maybe just a wee bit yesterday but it quickly went away. We did really have calm seas but then it seems the more we cruise the less I feel it.

Pictures Lisa. I enjoyed each and everyone of them. As well I enjoyed Aaron's not one of your pictures is the same which is awsome so I got to See Even more!!! :cool:

Hi Kim:) I feel like I also know you. Hopefully we can meet up when we come to Vancouver the day before our Ryndam cruise May 7th. We will arrive in Vancouver May 6th. I am glad you enjoyed out pictures. I am was mad I did not think to take a picture of Aaron, hopefully I can get one of the two of you in May.

Did you have a cc party on your verandah for sail away like you did last time?

Was there a suite cocktail party?

Was there a suite buffet luncheon?

KK, no we did not hold a CC party on the verrandah this time, instead we met out on Deck 6 balcony bow. There was a suite cocktail party on the very first night in the Neptune. I have to admit I am a bit embarressed:o we went but it was a bit of a blurr dues to have had quite a bit of champagne:D We also had the V.I.P. party up in the Crow's Nest on Monday Night. Then we had a great suite buffet luncheon on the last sea day Friday. It was one of the best:)

Sounds like you had, as usual, a great time! Odd, isn't it, how some folks always seem to have a good time while others never seem to?

I'm going to be in Vegas next month - when's the CC get-together for March?

Dave, we are working on the Get Together as I write this. I personally like that you are staying at the Green Valley Ranch since it is less than 2 miles from my house :) Between Jim, Bill and I we have narrowed in down to a place I believe that is not far from the Green Vally Ranch. Tom and I can come over to the hotel and pick you up. But we will discuss in detail more later.:)

I would say you have great taste too if you have the same dress:D I think you should take it I would love to see a picture. BTW I bought some really nice earrings in PV to match and I collect Swarovksi Crystal and being a member of the Collectors Society they have a necklace that looks great with it that I recently got. Here's what the necklace looks like.

1515556W240.jpg.6709801b03e26044923700625071f958.jpg

What was your cabin number on the Oosterdam? What suite category were you in?

We were in 5187, we call it our cabin:) This was the second time we had this cabin. We stayed there in October too. We plan to go back on the Oosterdam in March 2007 for our 30th Wedding Anniversery and plan to have 5187 again. If we are on a Vista Class ship we hope to always have this cabin. They consider it a Deluxe Verrandah Suite or SC catagory

Archived