Princess Enchanted Apr 9, 2022 TA/SCAN 25 nights

imatravelholic

• 8 months later...

A friend and I booked the TA portion of this cruise.  We are also booked on the "Voyager of the Seas," 7 day cruise to Norway on April 24th.  We are both from the Fort Laudedale area. We were able to get an incredible rate for both these cruises.

Frank

Hi Frank,

So glad to know we are not the only ones booked. Prices dropped the last few days and I called and got even better fare. It came with a drink package and gratuties. I used to always get wifi and other stuff included since I am Elite. But, they changed those benefits too dang it. We cruised Great Britain and surrounding area a couple years ago. I have always wanted to cruise up to the North on a mail run. Where they stop at every other small town going up and then stop at the others coming back. This is the 3/4th time I have booked the Baltics and something has caused a cancellation every time. Hope it makes this time. This Omnicon might be a dealbreaker. Hoping not! Stay in touch

We live on the southern coast of Texas. Corpus Christi.

22 hours ago, imatravelholic said:

Hi Frank,

So glad to know we are not the only ones booked. Prices dropped the last few days and I called and got even better fare. It came with a drink package and gratuties. I used to always get wifi and other stuff included since I am Elite. But, they changed those benefits too dang it. We cruised Great Britain and surrounding area a couple years ago. I have always wanted to cruise up to the North on a mail run. Where they stop at every other small town going up and then stop at the others coming back. This is the 3/4th time I have booked the Baltics and something has caused a cancellation every time. Hope it makes this time. This Omnicon might be a dealbreaker. Hoping not! Stay in touch

We live on the southern coast of Texas. Corpus Christi.

We also were able to get a reduced rate on this cruise.  We did not get your perks but a nice onboard credit.  I did the "Baltic Sea Cruise" several years ago on Princess.  It was one of the best cruises I have taken.  I have had several friends that have been on a cruise these past few weeks.  All the ships have been at half capacity.  All felt safe and had a great time.  I have already had two cruises cancelled.  I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Frank

• 1 month later...

Hi Ike, We are still booked on this cruise.  We will make a decision around March 9 if we are going to cancel.  I have had several friends who travelled on Caribbean cruises just before Omicron hit.  There were no issues.  I am so looking forward to going on this trip.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  I hope to see you onboard.  

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

They were recently offering balcony cabins on this cruise for $649.0.  We booked an inside cabin for more money last year.  Princess would not let us change the booking. Big penalty.  I heard they have  about 1000 people booked on this cruise.  There will probably be opportunities to upgrade closer to sailing.

Hi Frank

Yes, they are still offering some good deals. If they won’t give you a better rate because you are locked in due to already having  made your final payment. They most likely will UPG you if you ask them. They definitely don’t want you to cancel.  We are definitely going unless something drastic comes up. We both caught Covid almost a month ago. Triple vaxed. Most likely was Omicron since we were not horribly ill. It was bad enough. We just booked the Regal out of Rome right after this too. It was too good to pass up since we are already there. Not sure how many are booked on that one. The roll call is practically silent. 

Ike 

Ike,

I have several friends that have came down with covid/omicron. Most say it is like a very bad cold that lasts about 4 to 5 days.  Hope you are both feeling better.  The Regal, that is another great ship.  Also a nice itinerary. 

We have a day in Copenhagen before we board the Voyager of the Sea for a 7 day cruise to Norway.  I wonder if we will be tested before we get off Enchanted?   Will we be able to use those test results when boarding Voyager?

I have no doubt we will be able to get an upgrade.  We are getting close to sailing.  Unless something significantly changes we are going to be onboard.  Starting to get excited.  I am so looking forward to this trip.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Frank

I called Princess about the drop in prices. I knew they wouldn’t budge because we are inside the final payment part of the contract. But it was several hundred dollars less each again. They had already lowered my payment several times. They did let me UPG to a much nicer cabin for 100.00 more. It was good for me either way. I was happy with what I originally paid, great prices on the first/business EZ Air, and the other perks. We finalized our hotels/flights around Europe in the last few days so hopefully plans don’t fall apart. I’m sure the ship will sail but not sure if we will get to make our ports in Russia. 

I read where Princess will be doing testing as necessary for flights or ports at no costs to us. 

Ike 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:23 AM, imatravelholic said:

Frank

I called Princess about the drop in prices. I knew they wouldn’t budge because we are inside the final payment part of the contract. But it was several hundred dollars less each again. They had already lowered my payment several times. They did let me UPG to a much nicer cabin for 100.00 more. It was good for me either way. I was happy with what I originally paid, great prices on the first/business EZ Air, and the other perks. We finalized our hotels/flights around Europe in the last few days so hopefully plans don’t fall apart. I’m sure the ship will sail but not sure if we will get to make our ports in Russia. 

I read where Princess will be doing testing as necessary for flights or ports at no costs to us. 

Ike 

We are still hoping to get an upgrade to a better cabin.  Since the ship is half full I don't see it being a problem.   We are also concerned on the escalating situation with the Ukraine.  I have been counting the days to this trip and trying to keep a positive attitude it will be smooth sailing.  

• 1 month later...

Frank are you still going or did you bail? Recently found out that a friend from previous cruise is booked too. We had a large group on that TA and some of are still friends. It sure make the crossing more fun. I am staying for the 11 day "Mystery Cruise" so they are calling it. Disappointed about St Petersburg but hey! We have a fun Med cruise after a few days break in Paris. I am just glad to be getting out of the house after 2 years.

54 minutes ago, imatravelholic said:

Frank are you still going or did you bail? Recently found out that a friend from previous cruise is booked too. We had a large group on that TA and some of are still friends. It sure make the crossing more fun. I am staying for the 11 day "Mystery Cruise" so they are calling it. Disappointed about St Petersburg but hey! We have a fun Med cruise after a few days break in Paris. I am just glad to be getting out of the house after 2 years.

Hi Ike, We are still booked on the TA and the Voyager of the  Seas.   A friend of ours has also booked this cruise.  Reading all the drama on the other thread has kept me amused.  We are living during unprecedented times with covid and now the  war in the Ukraine.  I am also just glad to be travelling again after 2 1/2 years.  Although living in Florida during the pandemic has not been to bad compared to my friends up north. 

See you on board,

Frank