Jane and other east coasters

MrsMoose2001

Jane I know you are covered in snow, I hope you and DH are ok.

to all others in the path of the blizzard, I hope y'all are ok and that you are warm, dry and did not loose power and have enough food to last till you can get out and about.

Remember not to overdo on the shovelling and watch the back don't want to injure yourselves.

take care

Mrs Moose, Jane

I live across the river in north NJ and we are buried as well. I have to say that I like it though. Everything looks so pretty, people slow down a little and help each other out and I get to meet neighbors I never knew.

And I cant complain really when I see the damage the poor folks in FLA have after a hurricane.

I just felt really bad for the folks on the Norwegian Dawn. Hopefully, it gets better for them as they sail south.

Luckye, I think we will be lucky and not get hit to hard (I live in Canada now). They are forecasting snow for a few flurries today and light snow for tomorrow.

You guys really got hammered. I saw pics on the NY news this am.

You have a very nice attitude about it, and I hope you stay safe and warm.

I put on my snow boots and took a couple of wonderful walks. One in the afternoon while it was still coming down heavily and the other at night, after it stopped.

I took a few photo's, maybe I can post them later. I'll try.

The whole city was hushed and looked gorgeous.

Today, of course, it's back to work. The snow trucks have cleared the streets creating 7 foot piles of taupe snow where the sidewalks and the streets meet. Crossing from one side to the other involves either walking on a sheet of ice or wading through mid-calf high icy water.

Jane

Could you please send us some of your snow here in Colorado. They are forcasting a fire season like we had in 2002 and lets just say its not fun living in the mountains when you get dry lightning in the summer. Hope you all stay safe even though I am a little jealous of your snow. Keep warm. :)

Well, I'm now dug out of 2 feet of snow. It really wasn't so bad, but primarily because it occurred on a Sunday. Most people stayed home, and left the roads to be cleared so getting out and about today is no problem. I've got some very kind neighbors who were helping me with their snowblowers, so I really only had to do some walk-way and steps with manual shoveling. Today, the roads are clear, most kids are off from school on Long Island, but just about everyone is back to work. NY has gotten pretty good at handling the snow. We've been lucky this year and really have not had much snow so we kind of had this coming. I'm just glad it came and went this weekend, as next Saturday I'm off to Maui!

Here's hoping the rest of the East Coasters survived as well as we did!

We are digging out from 30 inches here in CT. Our plow guy came after dark last night and all of the cars are dug out. I commute 2 hours door to door each way into the city and the roads were pretty bad this morning so I'm just working from home today. The sun is out today but it's still very cold so nothing is melting. I think it will be Easter (at least) before we see the lawn again and that's only if we don't get another storm between now and then.:eek:

Thanks Mrs. Moose. We only got about 18" of light, fluffy snow. Much to my sons' chagrin, school was a go today. I must admit it is beautiful. Hubby built the kids a luge track from the top of my front yard, winding down to the back to a mountain of snow. I am anticipating at least 10 kids here today to enjoy it. Better get the hot chocolate started!

Mrs Moose - In my part of Northern NJ we ended up with about 18". I don't think I went any farther than my driveway to take pictures yesterday. This morning was a big mess. Just wait 'til it melts! Thanks for thinking of us.

Sorry for your blast of winter in the NE. Have been reading the stories on NCL ship that left NYC yesterday. We had heavy snow here in SW ontario the week before. One never know what to wear. My winter coats vary in weight depending on the temp. Same for winter boots. It keeps things interesting.!!

Sorry for your blast of winter in the NE. Have been reading the stories on NCL ship that left NYC yesterday. We had heavy snow here in SW ontario the week before. One never know what to wear. My winter coats vary in weight depending on the temp. Same for winter boots. It keeps things interesting.!!

This is so true for me too. I think it's even more needed here than in NYC. When I lived in NYC I didn't need as many different weights as I do here and same with winter shoes and boots.

LOL, we have taupe snow here too, I think every big city that gets snow it becomes taupe. Just takes longer here than in NYC, lol.

That was some snow storm you got. Only difference is here they cart it off and in NYC you have to wait for it to melt away. Also here the city clears the sidewalks and in NYC you have to do your own in front of bldgs, stores etc.

Good luck Jane, hope you can d/l some pics although I saw NYC today live on the am NYC news I get.

Archived