Southampton Parking

miniyorkie

Hello. I haven't posted for a long time,  but have been  following topics avidly. With the announcement of the  staycation cruises I am considering the Britannia 4 night. Previously we have always booked Select and used the courtesy coach, however we would want to drive down a few days  prior and stay, perhaps Southsea,   then drive to port.  Please could others advise how the parking system works. I believe it is hassle free but I have no idea what to do and I  get rather anxious in unknown situations  so I like to be prepared. Do we get an allotted time and told where to go to drop off luggage then do we park the car? Sorry this may seem trivia to those  experienced. I know the port probably will not not as busy as we usually experience but there seems to be cars everywhere when the coach pulls into port terminal. Do we then have to go and find the car after the cruise. I can misplace mine in the supermarket car park,so that could be another day searching added to holiday LOL. Thank you. Viv

Hi

Well it really is very easy, but it depends on which company you use. 

P&O recommend CPS. you'll see a link in your booking, and maybe you have a free parking option with your cruise. either way this is the simplest option. 

It is a great service. so. If you do book with them. In your confirmation email, will be an attachment, with a sign to put in the front windscreen, usually it will say AZU, eg for Azura, and so on, and full details of their phone number should you have a problem.

As for arrival time, be guided by the terminal and time that P&O will give you, and follow directions, in whatever way you like to use, eg sat-nav, to the terminal. you will be nice and close , so you will have plenty of time to get there. 

As you get to the dock gate for your terminal, there will be CPS signs to guide you right to the ship. there will be staff there too, pointing the way for you. Stop and ask if you want to. 

Literally, you will be guided to join the queue ( usually not long)  right by the ship! There will be CPS staff waiting, they will call you forward, and you will stop and turn off your car engine. The really nice member of staff will look over your car etc, and take your booking details, and give you a receipt, for your key, to keep safely , as you will need that on the day you come home. A porter will come over to you and take the cases you want him to take, and you hold onto what you wish to carry on yourself. 

the lovely member of staff will ask if you have got everything out of the car that you will need, and then will wish you a great holiday. you walk away and your car will be driven off to a secure place, for the duration. 

Don't worry if you come back to a different terminal, from the one you left from, or even if it is changed last minute due to any technical issues. CPS will know.

On return, when you get off ship and have cases, you walk out and there will be staff who will point you in the direction of a car park just opposite the terminal. You walk over, hand in your receipt to the person in the hut type thing, and you will get your key and told which zone your car is parked in. 

Sadly then, you have to drive home .

There are other companies you can park with but this I'd say for you, is the best option. 

Edited by rumbalizw
  • Like 4

In the local news in the South this week. Effectively this companies operators were tailgating their cars through the car parks exit. Only a few inches apart and the arm constantly coming down almost striking the cars. No doubt making then a few quid extra profit. Avoid!

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19162542.parking-firm-landed-fine-court/

Glad it is a £15 Uber for us.

20 minutes ago, rumbalizw said:

maybe you have a free parking

No free parking with the Staycation cruises.

To the OP - the CPS system, as perfectly described above, is provably the simplest. Alternatively you could look at Parking4cruises,  where you drop your luggage off at the terminal, and then drive 100 yards to the short stay carpark and check your car in.

22 minutes ago, rumbalizw said:

Hi

Well it really is very easy, but it depends on which company you use. 

P&O recommend CPS. you'll see a link in your booking, and maybe you have a free parking option with your cruise. either way this is the simplest option. 

It is a great service. so. If you do book with them. In your confirmation email, will be an attachment, with a sign to put in the front windscreen, usually it will say AZU, eg for Azura, and so on, and full details of their phone number should you have a problem.

As for arrival time, be guided by the terminal and time that P&O will give you, and follow directions, in whatever way you like to use, eg sat-nav, to the terminal. you will be nice and close , so you will have plenty of time to get there. 

As you get to the dock gate for your terminal, there will be CPS signs to guide you right to the ship. there will be staff there too, pointing the way for you. Stop and ask if you want to. 

Literally, you will be guided to join the queue ( usually not long)  right by the ship! There will be CPS staff waiting, they will call you forward, and you will stop and turn off your car engine. The really nice member of staff will look over your car etc, and take your booking details, and give you a receipt, for your key, to keep safely , as you will need that on the day you come home. A porter will come over to you and take the cases you want him to take, and you hold onto what you wish to carry on yourself. 

the lovely member of staff will ask if you have got everything out of the car that you will need, and then will wish you a great holiday. you walk away and your car will be driven off to a secure place, for the duration. 

Don't worry if you come back to a different terminal, from the one you left from, or even if it is changed last minute due to any technical issues. CPS will know.

On return, when you get off ship and have cases, you walk out and there will be staff who will point you in the direction of a car park just opposite the terminal. You walk over, hand in your receipt to the person in the hut type thing, and you will get your key and told which zone your car is parked in. 

Sadly then, you have to drive home .

There are other companies you can park with but this I'd say for you, is the best option. 

Thank you for your very comprehensive reply.  That seems perfect. Much appreciated. Viv

22 hours ago, miniyorkie said:

Hello. I haven't posted for a long time,  but have been  following topics avidly. With the announcement of the  staycation cruises I am considering the Britannia 4 night. Previously we have always booked Select and used the courtesy coach, however we would want to drive down a few days  prior and stay, perhaps Southsea,   then drive to port.  Please could others advise how the parking system works. I believe it is hassle free but I have no idea what to do and I  get rather anxious in unknown situations  so I like to be prepared. Do we get an allotted time and told where to go to drop off luggage then do we park the car? Sorry this may seem trivia to those  experienced. I know the port probably will not not as busy as we usually experience but there seems to be cars everywhere when the coach pulls into port terminal. Do we then have to go and find the car after the cruise. I can misplace mine in the supermarket car park,so that could be another day searching added to holiday LOL. Thank you. Viv

Not sure if this is an option for you since you are planning on travelling down early - I am usually down in that region a day or two before my cruise as I schedule client visits, thats why the good Lord invented expense claims - I book into a Southampton hotel and negotiate parking charges to get their cruise booking package plus the days I am there  - then on the day of the cruise, have a self indulgent breakfast, check out and into a cab for the port - stress free