Beach towels bring or not?

raggedyann6

On the cruises that DH and I have been on you are allowed to take your beach towel with you as long as it is bbring it back or I think that they will charge you....

I would not pack them.. They take up way to much valuable space....

Chanda :)

Ann, I'm wondering if you mean the regular bath towels that are in your cabin? No, don't take those. There will be beach towels in your cabin specifically for taking on shore at ports. Be careful, most lines will charge you $22 or more if you lose your towel or it gets stolen.

However, to me they are so big and bulky, one would fill up my tote bag. So - I take my own very thin $4 WalMart beach towel whenever I cruise. It takes us very little space in my luggage, and works much better than lugging that huge towel around the ports. Dries quicker, too.:)

You can take the ship's towels but you will be charged at least $20 if you dont' return them.

Some people bring them from home so they stick out & make it easier to find your space in a sea of identical towels. Others buy a cheap one at the 1st port as a souvenier.

It sounds like it would be best for us to bring a thin beach towel with us. The ones provided sound like they are almost too big to take on the excursions. We arrive too early on our first stop to buy one since the shore excusion we are going on leaves before 9 AM. I thank evetone who gave me great suggestions on whether to bring my own towels or use the ones provided by the ship.

Archived