The Original Canopy Tour, Ocho Rios ~honest review and pictures

bobbie0253

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Bobbie,

Absolutely aweseome pictures!!! Thanks so much for sharing. We're on the Caribbean Princess end of May and were contemplating this excursion. However, I'm afraid of heights & after viewing your pictures, I think we'll try something else. I'm afraid I will get to the first platform & just freeze!

We did this tour back in March and I am scared of heights but this was no problem for me. With the trees all around it does not seem you are that high. I think paid about 90pp. There was about 35 people on our tour but the lines went really fast. Our kids 12 and 17 really loved it.

Our tour out of Montego Bay was different in a few key ways.

All the employees were very friendly, asked our names, joked around a lot but were also very professional. There was a restroom there and we had plenty of time to use it before getting harnessed.

There was a short hike up a hill but not a lot of steps at any time. Nothing that would make anyone sore or tired.

We were put in small groups of about 10 and never had to wait or felt rushed from people behind us.

At the end of the last zip line, we were put on a bus and brought back down to the headquarters--no walking back.

Didn't see any dogs.

One important similarity, on our way back to the ship, our driver also wanted to take us either shopping or to Margaritaville. He acted like he was doing us a favor but once we got there he charged everyone who got off the bus. I didn't like that at all. We went back to the ship.

The Original Canopy Tour company has several locations but obviously they aren't all run the same.

Can one who is not doing the zip sit and observe?...free??

No, sorry.

I highly recommend the Canopy Tour in Ocho Rios. Not only was it alot of fun, but the scenery was great also. One of the ziplines is a verticle drop. The last zipline is loooooong.

After the ziplines, you walk through a beautiful manicured bamboo garden.

To the Op, I have plenty of pics. Click my webshots link and check out my Explorer of the Seas album from May.

Archived