Computer keeps cancelling my L&S

Is anyone else having a problem with the computer (supposedly) cancelling their May 21 Lift & Shifts? We shifted our 5/8/21 Indy cruise to 5/14/22 Explorer.  (met all the criteria.)  The computer keeps cancelling the reservation sometime during the night.  We've spoken to RC five days in a row now, the past two days to a supervisor who supposedly fixed the issue.  The reservations shows up that day on our future cruise page, only to disappear the next morning.

The supervisor says it's the computer's fault and reissuing a new reservation number with the L&S designation wouldn't help or work.  How very frustrating that we need to follow up each morning to see if "our" cabin number is again available after which we check our future cruise page only to discover the cruise has been cancelled.    

Suggestions?  Is anyone else experiencing this?  

1 hour ago, island284 said:

Suggestions?  

Wait a few days before trying again, there could be something going on (schedule change) with Explorer at that time. If there's one, ask about this on the Roll Call thread for that sailing. 

Edited by Biker19

6 hours ago, island284 said:

Is anyone else having a problem with the computer (supposedly) cancelling their May 21 Lift & Shifts? We shifted our 5/8/21 Indy cruise to 5/14/22 Explorer.  (met all the criteria.)  The computer keeps cancelling the reservation sometime during the night.  We've spoken to RC five days in a row now, the past two days to a supervisor who supposedly fixed the issue.  The reservations shows up that day on our future cruise page, only to disappear the next morning.

Same thing has happened to me- twice now- on a May 2021 L&S moved to May 2022.  I would never have known my L&S was cancelled by RCI had I not logged on to my cruise planner and noticed the May 2022 sailing had been removed. 

The first time it happened (3 days ago) I called RCI and the rep did not understand what caused it- said it was probably a computer glitch and was able to fix it after about an hour on the phone.  I checked a short while ago after seeing this post  and yup- it was cancelled again.  Called RCI- they have again fixed it but my rooms were up for grabs on the web site and I was lucky they weren't sold.  They think this is happening b/c of final payment being pushed out.  They said if it happens again they will cancel the whole reservation and issue a new reservation number.  I'm kind of miffed they won't just cancel and rebook now- instead I have to keep checking to see if they cancel it again.

So- anyone with a L&S where you did not make your 2021 final payment- might want to check and make sure your cruise is still active... good luck!

Your story sounds EXACTLY like ours. I’ve been calling everyday for 5 days now. We’ve been told the same thing. Supposedly they have now “frozen” the deck 7 cabin number so we will have it when and IF this fiasco is remedied. Had we not gone out to our cruise page we wouldn’t have known about the cancellation and been out a Lift & Shift. 

my patience level is quickly fading. 

46 minutes ago, island284 said:

Your story sounds EXACTLY like ours. I’ve been calling everyday for 5 days now. We’ve been told the same thing. Supposedly they have now “frozen” the deck 7 cabin number so we will have it when and IF this fiasco is remedied. Had we not gone out to our cruise page we wouldn’t have known about the cancellation and been out a Lift & Shift. 

my patience level is quickly fading. 

Thanks- I'll have to ask them to "freeze" our room numbers.  When I called the second time the rep said she would see if my original rooms were indeed still available but "not to worry"- if they were not,  they'd find me other rooms- urgh,  I BOOKED THOSE ROOMS FOR A REASON! 

An added thought...our 5/8/21 Independence was paid in full so that’s why we lifted and shifted. Yesterday they talked about giving the reservation a new number if it happened again. Yes, it happened again today but no mention of a new reservation number. Obviously the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. 

9 minutes ago, island284 said:

Are you also on the 5/14/22 Explorer?  That’s what we booked. Eight night had to be another eight night. Explorer was our only choice. 

No- we are on Radiance and had not made final payment- it was due in February but extended to April.  So, they truly don't know what is causing it if you made final payment and we had not.  It can't be an issue with all May L&S or surely we would have heard more about it.  Let's hope they figure it out soon.