Did the Millie make it into Port Stanley today?

dileep

I don't think they made it since the little back ball that they fly from the bow of the ship was not displayed. They only tender passengers about 40% of the time they told us when we were there last year.

Don

I don't think they made it since the little back ball that they fly from the bow of the ship was not displayed. They only tender passengers about 40% of the time they told us when we were there last year.

Don

Thanks for pointing this out. I had not noticed the black ball before and did not know its significance. I can see it in picture when we were there!

Now Celebrity is batting 1 for 3 for this season in Port Stanley. Good in baseball, but not good for cruisers! It is a fairly long tender run too. Our were running very slow in the morning when it was somewhat choppy.

I was reading the captain's blog for the British ship Saga Rose and they did not make it in on Jan 25, two days before we got in.

It can't be in Port Stanley since they don't have a dock that it can tie up to. Don't know where it can be!!

Don

They skipped Port Stanley and went to Puerto Madryn a day early. Looks like they will be there for 2 days.

It appears that the ship's captain made a premature call to skip the Falklands http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=297573

Archived