The Daily for Friday Mar 26, 2021

richwmn

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Have you ever been to Taipei? There’s a Seven Eleven about every two blocks. Every single neighbourhood has their own Seven Eleven. They’re exactly the same except they sell tea eggs to go instead of hot dogs. Stepping out of a cab after a 12 hour flight to Asia and seeing a Seven Eleven across the road seriously messes with your mind.

Actually, there are thousands of Seven Eleven stores all over Asia.  They are in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, Cambodia, Korea, and I suspect many more.  I have shopped at Home Depot and Walmart in China and Costco in Taipei.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Actually, there are thousands of Seven Eleven stores all over Asia.  They are in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, Cambodia, Korea, and I suspect many more.  I have shopped at Home Depot and Walmart in China and Costco in Taipei.  

My DD and SIL took us to the Taipei Costco. About the size of one of ours, except there’s an additional full size upper floor with furniture, etc. It’s quite something, isn’t it?

• Like 3