FL to “take all legal action as necessary” to restart cruising.

doneall50

30 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I'm starting to get concerned what passengers are going to be like once they step on a ship.  Can we all drop the divisiveness and get along?

I'm trying to figure that out as well! I honestly never really thought about the affiliations of fellow cruisers, or CC posters. I didn't cruise as much as many on this board, but I enjoyed it, enjoyed the people I met, and we generally talked about where we were from, where we'd traveled, what we'd had for a drink, etc. The last few months have been very different around here, and I really hope we can do just what you're saying!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Homosassa said:

DeSantis (holding myself back from using his more accurate last name) is just blowing smoke.

The problem is that the state policy on no controls to negate community spread show in the numbers of Covid 19 cases .

The state ranks number three in cases per capita.  We have the highest case number of the most contagious variants in the country. 

Miami-Dade in particular has a case rate of 9%; the highest of any metropolitan area in the USA.

Due to the influx of out of state visitors for spring break that will not wear masks or follow any guidelines that local officials to to enforce. a curfew has been put in place that will remain until the middle of April (may be extended). The causeways leading to the beach areas are closed from Thursday through Sunday.

Does anyone really think that people with epidemiological expertise is going to open up cruising from Florida?

The sad thing is that the state has done it to itself by not taking steps to put procedures in place to stem the spread of Covid 19.

Please....New York has 17000 more deaths than Florida with less citizens...and who knows what the real number is there based on the nursing home scandal with Cuomo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2