Getting to Lavrion port from Athens

saltshell

When I saw your topic I did a double take because I could not imagine why anyone would want to go to Lavrion.  About 25 years ago, DW and were driving around Greece (rental car) and stumbled on this smallish (and not very attractive) village.  But apparently time has been very good to this port town and I guess we need to return on our next Greece driving trip.   I think getting there depends on your ability to move around with your luggage and spirit of adventure.  There are some bus lines that go to that town and if I were to do this we would probably take the Metro (Blue Line) to Ethniki Amyna from where you can get a bus to Lavrion (and then perhaps a taxi to the port).   There is also a bus line that goes directly from the airport.

I guess the most convenient way would be to simply use a taxi (from Athens or the Airport) or look online for the best deal from a transfer company (it looks like you can get a transfer for about $60).  It is terrific that you posted this question because, assuming that Greece opens up (this summer) to vaccinated folks (this is the desire of their Minister of Tourism) DW and I are thinking about just booking a flight to Athens and making our way to at least 2 or 3 of our favorite islands.  I had not even thought about Lavrion as a port (I was thinking more about Pireaus) but now you planted a new idea :).

Hank

Hey Hank. Thanks for your input. Admit I was disappointed to learn about departure port. Piraeus is so easy to get to by train. Checked into buses; they take an hour. My only concern it connecting with the right bus stop in Athens. Celestyal offers transport to Athens, ship, and airport but they appear to be more expensive than a taxi, go figure.  14 day cruise will port twice in Lavrion... I'll have to figure out logistics . Cruise doesn't sail until mid November so I have time to plan.