Storage options-Labadee waverunners

Is there any secured storage space for personal items while I do the Labadee Waverunner excursion? I'll try to keep my 'stuff' to a minimum, but I'm guessing I'll have a few things that will need storing while I'm on the excursion. What are my options??

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

There are open lockers in the little hut where you sign up and watch the informational video. I don't know how safe they are. There is also a compartment in the actually waverunner that you could store a wallet, glasses, etc. I didn't have a problem with anything getting wet, but you never know. I didn't see anyplace to actually "lock" up something.

Thanks! That's good information to know. I'll probably put the items that go in the waverunner in a ziploc bag or something, and keep the worthless stuff (ie towel, etc) in the open locker.

Thanks again!

If it is money, leave it with me:D. Anything else, bury it in the sand :)

Little off topic, Cindy, I couldn't find your thread...did they poof it or am I just going blind?

Thanks! That's good information to know. I'll probably put the items that go in the waverunner in a ziploc bag or something, and keep the worthless stuff (ie towel, etc) in the open locker.

Thanks again!

Cindy, how much "stuff" do you plan on placing in a zip-loc bag?

Hi Bob, I'll have to start checking around for it :-)

Howdy cpup! Probably things like cash, ship id, personal id, medication, sunblock, etc. for both me and hubby, since we're sharing a waverunner. Probably the qt. size bag will be enough.

I have a watertight 'water wallet' that I can wear on my forearm, so I might just bring that and throw the rest in the waverunner.

Cindy

Cindy,

If it is a Yamaha Waverunner XL 3-seater, storage under the front hood, storage in the bin in front of the seat, and if the bucket is still there, under the rear seat.

If it is a Seadoo GTX/GTi/4-Tec, plenty of storage under the front hood, storage in the bin in front of the seat. Not much storage in the rear bin if it is a newer unit.

Dave

Just put all your valuables in the toe area of your shoes.

No one every thinks to look in there. They just check the heel and move on. :D (Yes, I know this is a Jerry Seinfeld joke... it's funny and appropriate for this instance)

Just put all your valuables in the toe area of your shoes.

No one every thinks to look in there. They just check the heel and move on. :D (Yes, I know this is a Jerry Seinfeld joke... it's funny and appropriate for this instance)

LOL!!! However, I foresee a problem w/this...I understand that at the end of the excursion people 'row up' to the waverunners w/items to sell (for cash)? They may not accept money that's been in my hubby's shoe, LOL!!!! ;-)

Dave, thanks for the info. I have no idea what type of waverunner RCI uses at Labadee, unfortunately.

Cindy

I have a watertight 'water wallet' that I can wear on my forearm, so I might just bring that and throw the rest in the waverunner.

Cindy

The problem with grocery store zip-locs is that while they can take endless sprinkles, they survive only an occasional, very brief, very shallow submersion before flooding. Please remind me at the M&M and I'll give you a quart and a gallon-sized USN-tested zip-loc that is rated to 200+ feet.

Archived