125% OBC

Looking for advice on the 125%OBC offer. I expect our June cruise will be canceled tomorrow. If RCCL offers the 125% OBC how long does it take to process? I would like to apply the credit to our Adventure cruise in July ASAP. 

If the July cruise is canceled what happens? Under the terms it says if you cancel the cruise then you just lose

the OBC... Seems a little risky and might be better to just take a refund?

Just now, CruisingHogFan said:

Looking for advice on the 125%OBC offer. I expect our June cruise will be canceled tomorrow. If RCCL offers the 125% OBC how long does it take to process? I would like to apply the credit to our Adventure cruise in July ASAP. 

If the July cruise is canceled what happens? Under the terms it says if you cancel the cruise then you just lose

the OBC... Seems a little risky and might be better to just take a refund?

30 to 45 days to issue the FCC

If you were able to apply it to a July cruise and that cruise is cancelled it will get reissued. 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

30 to 45 days to issue the FCC

If you were able to apply it to a July cruise and that cruise is cancelled it will get reissued. 

Did you mean the OBC offer for cruise planner purchases also takes 30-45 days like FCC? I think we will see a Memorial Day sale and don’t want to miss out

9 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Did you mean the OBC offer for cruise planner purchases also takes 30-45 days like FCC? I think we will see a Memorial Day sale and don’t want to miss out

Yes, they both take that long to process. 

the Memorial Day sale will be no different than the sales they run every 2-3 weeks. 

5 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Do u think royal will offer the free kids places at some point for next years cruises?

I don't think you will see KSF until they are at full capacity sailing with a full fleet. 

Just now, Garyjames220 said:

do u think we will see it before the FCC expirey date

It all depends on when cruising starts up in the U.S. Personally with all of the uncertainty a year later, I would just take the cash and wait until there is an official starting point. Hopefully once cruising starts up it will pick up momentum quickly and things will be back to normal. FCCs are a gamble if you are waiting for a KSF promotion to use them. Even if they offer the promotion the prices will be higher than normal due to a large demand of passengers wanting to use FCCs and limited capacity. That extra 25% from the FCC won't add up to much savings.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It all depends on when cruising starts up in the U.S. Personally with all of the uncertainty a year later, I would just take the cash and wait until there is an official starting point. Hopefully once cruising starts up it will pick up momentum quickly and things will be back to normal. FCCs are a gamble if you are waiting for a KSF promotion to use them. Even if they offer the promotion the prices will be higher than normal due to a large demand of passengers wanting to use FCCs and limited capacity. That extra 25% from the FCC won't add up to much savings.

but if I wanted to do a cruise next year and never had a FCC it would be even more

i just looked up the Greek cruises for us and it’s crazy money. It’s like double 

do u think prices will come down or some sort of good promotion by next summer

i just don’t no if I should be trying to book something in case spaces get full or wait until an offer or prices reduce for summer 2022

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

but if I wanted to do a cruise next year and never had a FCC it would be even more

i just looked up the Greek cruises for us and it’s crazy money. It’s like double 

do u think prices will come down or some sort of good promotion by next summer

i just don’t no if I should be trying to book something in case spaces get full or wait until an offer or prices reduce for summer 2022

In my opinion Royal Caribbean never has good promotions. I have always found better pricing on Princess and Celebrity. I base my decision on what it's going to cost per day including drink packages. Royals promotions are all smoke and mirrors to make you think you are saving. The only real deals I have seen were on last minute cruises which I can't take advantage of. KSF is probably the only real savings. I wouldn't count on any savings until the cruise lines are up and running at full capacity and there is more inventory to sell.

28 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

In my opinion Royal Caribbean never has good promotions. I have always found better pricing on Princess and Celebrity. I base my decision on what it's going to cost per day including drink packages. Royals promotions are all smoke and mirrors to make you think you are saving. The only real deals I have seen were on last minute cruises which I can't take advantage of. KSF is probably the only real savings. I wouldn't count on any savings until the cruise lines are up and running at full capacity and there is more inventory to sell.

So if u want to do a cruise before the end of the FCC, you are going to pay a lot it seems 

7 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

So if u want to do a cruise before the end of the FCC, you are going to pay a lot it seems 

No surprise. I think 47% of passengers who had cruises canceled took the 125% FCC. With limited capacity that's a lot of FCCs to use. The cruise lines know this and are pricing accordingly. The longer this goes on the harder it's going to be to spend those credits.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

No surprise. I think 47% of passengers who had cruises canceled took the 125% FCC. With limited capacity that's a lot of FCCs to use. The cruise lines know this and are pricing accordingly. The longer this goes on the harder it's going to be to spend those credits.

land they can make the cruises silly money and lock people in so they can’t get a refund on the FCC. Never right 

Just now, Garyjames220 said:

land they can make the cruises silly money and lock people in so they can’t get a refund on the FCC. Never right 

That's why I say take the cash. You will have more flexibility in terms of other types of vacations or a different cruise line that might have a similar itinerary at a better price. 

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

That's why I say take the cash. You will have more flexibility in terms of other types of vacations or a different cruise line that might have a similar itinerary at a better price. 

who would u recommend going with. We are two adults and two one year old at the time

Only  ever  been royal Disney and royal 

3 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

who would u recommend going with. We are two adults and two one year old at the time

Only  ever  been royal Disney and royal 

At this point I wouldn't recommend any cruise until I see what the conditions and protocols will be. Normally I don't book more than 6 to 9 months out. I'm not even considering a cruise until it's back to normal. Here in the U.S. cruising hasn't even started yet.

13 hours ago, nancy2vues said:

Somewhere I read that our FCC relating to our June 11 Anthem Cruise would be issued within about 2 weeks.  I "thought" that sounded pretty optimistic. LOL

Thanks all.

Our Anthem cruise in July has been cancelled and in the cancellation letter it said if you accepted the option of 125% future cruise credit you should receive it by April 16th so this would be about 2 weeks from the email setting out the options. I have booked two cruises b2b for next May/June at quite a good price with the crown and anchor balcony discount! I hope to apply the credit to one of these cruises, it should almost pay one off.