CRUISE CREDIT

auburn77

I've never had a future cruise credit. I paid $198 deposit for a 04/05 cruise that was canceled. I opted to let them hold (keep?) it in return for a $600 FCC. I have now booked (online) a future (2022) cruise and paid another $198 deposit. Am I giving them the $198 deposit for the canceled cruise in return for the $600 credit? Or, do I get credit for the past $198 also? It wouldn't really bother me getting $600 for $198. Just curious as to how it works.

The $198 you paid for the first deposit that was cancelled gave you $198 in FCC or Future Cruise Credit, the $600 you received for the cancellation is OBC or On Board Credit. Two different credits, if you rebooked another cruise online and paid $198 again, you didn't use the FCC you had, you will have to call Carnival or your PvP to have them add your FCC and OBC from your old booking to your new one   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, auburn77 said:

Or, do I get credit for the past $198 also?

Yes.  If you call, you can get it assigned to your new booking, reducing your remaining payment by that amount.

Occasionally folks have been able to get the FCC applied as the new deposit, but lately it seems that Carnival is asking for another new deposit and then applying old payment amounts as FCC to the new booking.  (I must admit that makes the book-keeping a whole lot cleaner.)  That's what happened when I re-booked a cancelled cruise a few months ago.

What I did when making a new booking was, put a booking on courtesy hold and then call in to have my FCC applied as the deposit and then some, made it easy for me that way I could choose my cabin and have all that picked out and ready to go, then when I would call in I would just give them my old booking number and the new one and they took care of the rest

Edited by Matco

My first cruise was canceled, it was paid off, we rebooked for July and as you know that is likely to be canceled as well.  So my question is, if I cancel will I get my money back?  Or is that money considered a future cruise credit and I will have to rebook? 

5 hours ago, PH29 said:

My first cruise was canceled, it was paid off, we rebooked for July and as you know that is likely to be canceled as well.  So my question is, if I cancel will I get my money back?  Or is that money considered a future cruise credit and I will have to rebook? 

omitted post

Edited by mondello
Correction

12 hours ago, PH29 said:

More than likely you will be able to get your money back.  There are some terms and conditions that may force you to get a FCC, such as FCC from original cancellations of Mardi Gras where a 25%FCC was included in the perk to rebook.