Disabled Parking at Southampton Terminal.

Cpt Pugwash

I have been  on 2 cruises before so know the layout of what happens at Terminal but they were both by Plane,Train, Taxi and how they took my luggage off me as i got out the taxi and delivered it to my cabin (when i had 2 legs). 🙂

Now i have a Prosthetic leg and i will drive down will they take my car off me outside the Terminal or do i have to park it myself and collect it myself when back because don't want to walk any further than i need to especially if i have to pull a case with me. (Iona G225)

Any info greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Cpt Pugwash

Depends a little on who you park with.

If you have booked parking with CPS:

Drop car off in area outside terminal (same as taxis), baggage handlers take your luggage, CPS take your car from there.  On return, you have to collect your car from a nearby car park. Usually about a 5 minute walk.

If you have booked parking with Parking4Cruises:

Go to luggage drop area (as above), drop off checked in baggage only with the baggage handlers.  Then drive your to the short stay car park.  P4C take your car off there, you then have to walk back to the terminal with your carry on luggage, usually about a 5 minute walk.  On return, you have to collect your car from the short stay car park.

• Like 1

On your return, engage a porter in the baggage hall.  He will locate your luggage, put it on his trolley and take it to your car.

There is no set charge, indeed there is no charge at all.

Your porter will appreciate a tip and you will be happy to hand over a crisp note after your lovely restful holiday with its relaxed conclusion

(I have never used this service but this is what I believe is available.  Others will be along to correct me if I have mis-spoken.  Enjoy your cruise)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Depends a little on who you park with.

If you have booked parking with CPS:

Drop car off in area outside terminal (same as taxis), baggage handlers take your luggage, CPS take your car from there.  On return, you have to collect your car from a nearby car park. Usually about a 5 minute walk.

If you have booked parking with Parking4Cruises:

Go to luggage drop area (as above), drop off checked in baggage only with the baggage handlers.  Then drive your to the short stay car park.  P4C take your car off there, you then have to walk back to the terminal with your carry on luggage, usually about a 5 minute walk.  On return, you have to collect your car from the short stay car park.

Thanks for info not bothered who does it or price, just will be first time on holiday with Prosthetic and though i can walk with crutches i don't like the idea of trying to pull a case at the same time.

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

On your return, engage a porter in the baggage hall.  He will locate your luggage, put it on his trolley and take it to your car.

There is no set charge, indeed there is no charge at all.

Your porter will appreciate a tip and you will be happy to hand over a crisp note after your lovely restful holiday with its relaxed conclusion

(I have never used this service but this is what I believe is available.  Others will be along to correct me if I have mis-spoken.  Enjoy your cruise)

Thanks for that tip happy to pay Porter to collect my luggage for me, just looking to make my Transfer from Terminal to Car as easy as possible for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

We used a Porter just over a year ago.  He was worth every penny.  He walked a bit quick for me (with stick) but  OH went with him and I just caught them up.  

Thanks for that though travelling myself i could gve him the keys of my car ask hm to put case in boot and return my keys on his way back save him waiting for this old slow coach. :-)

• Like 1