Princess' Tahiti Loss is NCL's Gain

jilly08

Just browsing cruises and saw NCL is doing an entire series of cruises in and around Papeete. Noticed some 7 and 10 day cruises. 

1 ship 2106 passengers  - Spirit.

I know a ton of people are missing Pacific Princess-----me included. 

jilly

Princess abandoned the concept of 'exotic' itineraries when they decided to get rid of their small-ship cruising sector.  One of our most treasured cruises was on the previous (R-Class) Royal Princess; a RT 10-day to/from Papeete.

2000+ pax is too big for the Society Islands if you ask me.  That is an excessive amount people disembarking, and stressing the carrying capacity of the small islands.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skai said:

Princess abandoned the concept of 'exotic' itineraries when they decided to get rid of their small-ship cruising sector.  One of our most treasured cruises was on the previous (R-Class) Royal Princess; a RT 10-day to/from Papeete.

2000+ pax is too big for the Society Islands if you ask me.  That is an excessive amount people disembarking, and stressing the carrying capacity of the small islands.

The Pacific Princess taxed many of the ports excursion capacity.  A ship 3 times the size no thanks.