My first NCL cruise just booked - August '21

WanderingBrit

Hi - I've only ever been on a cruise once before, back in 2008 when it was my last chance to sail in and out of my home town (Southampton) on the QE2. My wife has been on NCL once before.

Having recently been vaccinated we were kicking around ideas for what to do in celebration, and in our own small way to try and show our commitment to life returning to normal. One thing lead to another and now we're on a Jamaica-Jamaica cruise leaving August 7th, 2021.

I've been able to find answers to many of my questions, but a couple of things I would welcome some help with.

Noise: we're in an aft-facing Haven Balcony on 15, which looks to be under the Spice H20 on 17. Is it reasonable to assume that we'll be treated to thumping bass until whatever time at night Spice closes up?

Flights: When are these typically arranged and communicated? We've only paid the deposit thus far and I'm wondering if flights aren't booked until we've paid in full, which is due June 8th.

Any other tips or advice warmly received!

Cheers

Kevin

Yippeeee!  Good for you!

I've only sailed in an Aft Suite on the GEM.  Never had any noise issues at all.  But, obviously a different ship.  Generally speaking, the Haven Suites are quiet.  I've sailed them on both "-Away" ships and regardless of where the suites were, there was never any noise.  One was actually right in the Spa area (as it was a Haven Spa Suite).  Never heard any workout noises at all there.

NCL arranged flights are usually not communicated until late in the process, after final payment.  Do yourself a favor and price out your own flights and compare the fares to NCL's "special BOGO" fares.  Might be surprised that you could do better by booking your own flights...not always, but worth a look.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Think you will be fine,   Spice of 17, you on 15, just go and enjoy!!! Previous flights we have had through NCL usually show a tentative schedule about 30 days after boking.  Everything changes.  Before final payment you can opt out of flights and get on your own. that was back when sailing was normal, so just  consider looking at.  Not sure  what Ship you are on, but if it has a true Haven, you will enjoy no matter what your location is n the Ship!!

• Like 1

I've been in a similar cabin on Escape. I think with a "normal" sold out cruise you would indeed hear music and bass from Spice. I know I did and as a light sleeper, it was annoying. But I'd be surprised on the very first cruise, if they have late-night, shoulder-to-shoulder dance/music events in any venue. Enjoy your cabin and the cruise!

• Like 1