Star specailty restaurants ????

jennib5426

We ate at two of the Sepcialty restraunts on the Star, on our Jan 28,2006 cruise. They were La Trotaria, or however you spell it. This is a free restraunt, I had the pizza and do not recommend it, but the pasta smelled devine. We also ate at Cagney's! This restraunt was so worth the price, it was $20, or you could get the Surf and Turf for $25. We deciede to go that route. It was so nice we started with teh cocktail shrimp, they were nice big shrimp, that were very yummy. WE got a half a lobster and a nice portion of steak. The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The Lobster was also fantastic. I highly recommend this restraunt! Have a great Cruise!

Le Bistro and Cagney's Steakhouse are my favorite restaurants on the ship. The food at both is excellent, and well worth the cover charge. Ginza's teppanyaki room also has very good food and is lots of fun. However, because the room is so small (seats only around 12 people), it can be difficult to get reservations. Ginza's sushi bar serves extremely fresh and tasty sushi. The sushi bar is open for lunch on sea days, and that seems the best time to dine there. The Soho Room, located near Le Bistro, serves a nice Asian/California-fusion cuisine. It's worth a visit if the menu interests you.

If you like Mexican food, and eat it regularly, you'll probably want to skip the Endless Summer Restaurant. The food isn't terrible, but nothing to write home about. Avoid La Trattoria! It's food is not good. You'll get a much better dinner at one of the main dining rooms on the Italian-theme night.

Hey cruisingfromMN,

Will it be hot weather when you cruise to the Med in July? I want to do one of those, but can't quite get hubby interested.

CruiseChat

I have no clue what the weather will be... it was the itinerary that attracted us! My guess though, it's summer so it should be warm!

Archived