Getting to Dolphin Encounters

ImCruisin4Fun

We're sending our son and his fiance on their honeymoon on RCCL Sovereign of the Seas for 4 nights. While they're in Nassau, they want to do the Dolphin Swim but I notice that RCCL only lets you book the "encounter". If I book it directly through the actual company of Dolphin Encounters, how do they get to the ferry that takes them over there? Is it within walking distance from the ship? The ship is in port from 7 am until midnight so I'm not worried about the time frame for them. Also, is the extra money for the "swim" worth it...or is the "encounter" just as good for lesser money? Thanks for your input.

We're sending our son and his fiance on their honeymoon on RCCL Sovereign of the Seas for 4 nights. While they're in Nassau, they want to do the Dolphin Swim but I notice that RCCL only lets you book the "encounter". If I book it directly through the actual company of Dolphin Encounters, how do they get to the ferry that takes them over there? Is it within walking distance from the ship? The ship is in port from 7 am until midnight so I'm not worried about the time frame for them. Also, is the extra money for the "swim" worth it...or is the "encounter" just as good for lesser money? Thanks for your input.

The easiest and quickest way to the Ferry Terminal on Paradise Island is by cab. It should cost them $8 plus $1 for the toll ($9 total for the two of them). They should be able to come back to port on the trip back. Just have them ask the crew. It's the same boat as the encounter.

Archived