Drink Tickets Be Advised!

dan-o 2

We were on the Glory last week and had purchased drink tickets in advance. We had tried to spread out our cost throughout the previous year so it would not be so expensive on our sail and sign. Well, found out you can only use them at dinner. So don't be like us and end up buying all your friends drinks and not getting the same in return.

Hmmmmm...interesting. Anyone else experience this? We were able to use them everywhere on the Pride but that was 3 years ago. They aren't worth it if you can only use them at dinner. I was thinking about ordering some for our Miracle cruise but now I'll wait and see if this post gets any similar responses.

We are new to carnival... where can you purchase these drink coupons?

How much are they? Thanks,

You can purchase them from Carnival's website in the gifts section. Not sure of the maximum amount allowed but I know they are good for one drink.

The day we boarded there were coupons in our room that we had to turn in to get our drink tickets. We were told that we had to use them in the dining room. Obviously I must have misunderstood. So, my friends had a few on me. So what, we all had fun. If your not confused at least once on the ship then you need to think about doing something else. GLORY IS NICE!!!!!

The day we boarded there were coupons in our room that we had to turn in to get our drink tickets. We were told that we had to use them in the dining room. Obviously I must have misunderstood. So, my friends had a few on me. So what, we all had fun. If your not confused at least once on the ship then you need to think about doing something else. GLORY IS NICE!!!!!

You must have gotten something else... with drink coupons, you get the coupons.. those ARE drink tickets... you use those coupons, there is not turning of anything in. Someone fed you some bull it sounds like!!!!

Fantastic attitude Dan-o.

Somewhere along the line there was some misunderstanding or miscommuncation.

Glad to see you're taking it well and you had fun no matter what. Here's to ya!

I believe I understand how the confusion happened. When I purchased the drink tickets, there was a gift notice (or coupon) in my room when I boarded informing me to retrieve my drink tickets in the dining room on the first night at dinner. This simply meant the drink coupons would be delivered to me in the dining room. For someone who hadn't used the drink tickets before, this could be understood as the drink tickets had to be used in the dining room.

You can only turn in the voucher that is in your room for the drink coupons in the dining room (drink coupons are to be delivered at dinner 1st night). But the coupons are good at any bar on the ship....also in show lounge.

I think you may have misunderstood that is was the voucher only in the dining room (to get the drink coupons).

Something else I want to point out to those who may not fully understand the drink ticket thing. Unless things have changed since our last cruise in '03, you can also use leftover tickets on other sailings so save any leftovers unless you don't plan on cruising Carnival for a very long time.

We were on the Glory last week and had purchased drink tickets in advance. We had tried to spread out our cost throughout the previous year so it would not be so expensive on our sail and sign. Well, found out you can only use them at dinner. So don't be like us and end up buying all your friends drinks and not getting the same in return.

Are you talking about this? The 4 Bar Coupons?

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?pid=BAR

If its the Bar Drink Coupons, we used then everywhere on the Pride and Spirit.

I believe I understand how the confusion happened. When I purchased the drink tickets, there was a gift notice (or coupon) in my room when I boarded informing me to retrieve my drink tickets in the dining room on the first night at dinner. This simply meant the drink coupons would be delivered to me in the dining room. For someone who hadn't used the drink tickets before, this could be understood as the drink tickets had to be used in the dining room.

Yep, thats how it works, You get a Notice in your Cabin, The Head Waiter will hand them over on the First Dinner night. I Just dont know why they wont leave them in your cabin to begin with.

I was on the Miracle in January and could use the drink coupons everywhere the only problem I had was on the last day. For the drink of the day it used two drink coupons. Didn't understand why but wanted to try and figure they earn there money through us. I also used the coupons in the dining room too and also bought a bottle of wine with four of the drink tickets for dinner one night.

Had a great time . . .dan-o great attitude!

That dont make sense either because usually the Drink of the Day is the Special right? those drinks are like 2.95 to 3.95. Unless it was the one with the big designer cup.

Usually when you ask for a DOTD, it automatically comes in the big designer cup, as my friend found out the hard way (6 big glasses & one big S&S account later, lol). You can most definitely get it for $3.95 if you don't want the cup, it's smaller-but we found it packed the same punch. We didn't order a single designer glass size this past cruise (with refills being 5.25-5.95, it no longer makes sense to us).

As a side note: We used our tickets all over the ship. We found the actual bartenders were the ones who charged the full amount of the drink (ie. the sit-down bars: my card was charged like, 31 cents one time, another 27 cents for a glass of wine, etc. if the drink is more expensive than what the coupon covered).

The servers who walk the decks never asked for our S&S cards, just took our coupon and brought our drink. ;)

One way I would suggest going around this is to just purchase the Carnival gift certificates instead of "drink coupon" specific certificates. That way you can use them for whatever you want, whenever you want to. Just figure out how many drinks you will drink per day and how much (on average) they will be and get that many gift certificates. This is the way DH have always done it. We order gift certificates for everything and then use them as "cash" on our sail and sign card once we are onboard.

Archived