New ship confirmed for 2023

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ormy said:

We certainly don't want super sized ships - lets just keep them smaller - despite the age

Not saying super sized but 90k+ with more kids facilities would be better. The days of the Celebration and Dream are gone, they won't be financially viable.

Edited by anchorweight

Quite agree Ormy,  the latest ships are perfect size, big enough to have plenty of eateries and entertainment venues but still small enough to keep the friendly atmosphere on board. 

All this talk of cruises is making me start to look forward again,  a good feeling after months of pandemic news. Stay safe everyone.

But I think it's going to become a little boring if all the ships look the same. Discovery x 2 and Explorer x 3 or 4.

At least a couple of years ago we had Spirit, Celebration, Majesty, Dream and Discovery. All different.

Edit: Plus Destiny.

Edited by GOQ
Added

1 hour ago, GOQ said:

But I think it's going to become a little boring if all the ships look the same. Discovery x 2 and Explorer x 3 or 4.

At least a couple of years ago we had Spirit, Celebration, Majesty, Dream and Discovery. All different.

Spirit and Celebration were sister ships. the only obvious difference was the shape of the bandstand aft of the pool.

Explorer  and Explorer 2 are different. Explorer 2 is the first of the Century Class and smaller than the others, as such the internal arrangements are more cramped with several venues not as good as Explorer, such as:

No observation deck forward of Indigo

Part of pool deck occupied by a restaurant

Smaller and poorly laid out buffet

No bar/terrace aft of the buffet

No library, Explorer has the Attic on deck 8

Coffee Port one deck above promenade deck so no outside tables which Explorer has.

Mein Schiff Herz is more similar to Explorer but no coffee port or library (library is a bar). It has a cinema which I imagine will be re purposed as cinemas generate no revenue, it is on the promenade deck so maybe a Coffee Port with outside tables.

I would rank the ships

Explorer

Discovery

Discovery

Explorer 2

3 hours ago, GOQ said:

Also the Emerald and Calypso 🙄