Fishing?

Nannan

Celebrity has one and I will be on it in a couple of weeks.:)

First of all, I have to say you are a man after my own heart. You Love fishing and cruising. I also checked your profile and we share the same birthday. Now that is more than a coincidence in my book, so I am really hoping you can provide some info after your cruise to those of us that are taking this cruise later. My wife and I are sailing on the Celebrity Summit full transit on April 4, 2007 and needless to say I am intereted in any fishing possibilities during this cruise.

Thanks in dvance. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Panama 20 years ago - had the misfortune of being married to a military man and didn't realize I should be enjoying the culture and diversity!! Anyway, being a native Minnesotan, fishing was something I had been doing for many years (20 at the time. You can do the math!) and we had a blast fishing on Gatun Lake. I do not recall seeing any cruise ships going through the canal and Gatun Lake, but we did have some wonderful men on the dock who cleaned our fish for us for a minimal fee! Great time. I hope you all have fun fishing as I'm sure they must have something. Even twenty years ago we rented a boat and were able to fish. We were near Colon, which is where most of the cruise ships stop! Enjoy Panama!

Jennifer:)

• 3 weeks later...

Quantity was pretty good but quality was not. There were 4 boats of 4 people and I think everybody caught around 3 or 4, but the size was not there. Most wwere around 6 or 8 inches and I had the largest on our boat at about 12 inches. One person or another boat got on that I believe was 19 inchesand the guides even brought that one back in as it was so unusual.

They fished with small minnows and very light tackleso at least a couple we caught in our boat put up a pretty good fight. It was more like bream fishing than the big peacocks that I thought would be there. But it was fun.

Archived